FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

ASOS Oxford Shirts

I am looking to pick up a few cheap oxford shirts and I was wondering can anyone comment on the quality (for the price) and the fit of asos oxford shirts such as this one:

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1939757

FashionBeans Staff
    I've found Asos gear to be pretty high quality. the fit is definitely slimmer than you would normally find, possibly more akin to Topman sizing so you should expect it to be a little smaller than normal I would imagine. I was eyeing them up a while ago but then I got drawn to a few in French Connection.

Style Icon
    I've got the green one, decent quality for the price and as Will says, nice slim fit if that's what you're after.

Bump... Apologies if this is dragging up an old thread but I thought I'd gauge and add opinion on ASOS shirts (smart & casual).
    I'm a slim guy… 37-38inch chest and have been buying ASOS shirts for years with size small fitting like a glove but recently within the last few months or so I've noticed slim fit has got even slimmer and too restrictive but if I get medium a slim fit shirt becomes too baggy and doesn't look right. I'm in the interim between small and medium (perhaps the manufacturers have changed some aspect of production).

Further to this I've noticed the same models have been wearing different sizes to what they use to model the same clothes in (usually the bottom of the webpage says "model is wearing size small" e.c.t.) but one model pre-Christmas wearing small is now modelling in medium, so I'm wondering is anyone else experiencing this, ASOS altering the parameters to which they size their shirts? ... Cheers

Style Icon
    Their oxfords claim to be an 'ASOS regular fit which is slimmer than other brands' rather than an ASOS slim, so you may be able to fit into a small. It's certainly looser than the slim fit shirts I have from there.
    Slightly confused because I have the same chest size as you and have always bought mediums from ASOS...guess I have a fat neck/wide shoulders

+ Reply to Thread