FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Cool Running Shoes One Can Run In?

Hey, I am tired of not trying to still look cool at the gym, any running shoes, "trainers," one can actually run in but don't look like a jet ski?

FashionBeans Staff
    I've never understood gym goers obsession with looking cool; you are going to spend an hour or more getting hot, sweaty and smelly, doing things that make you look ridiculous. Looking cool doesn't feature in any of that, in any stretch of the imagination.

Just wear old shorts, old tees and a pair of decent white trainers, go for somewhere like Nike for proper fitting trainers that work.

Trend Setter
    That was my feeling for a long time, but the main thing is that I don't want to keep changing shoes when I leave the gym, I can't stand wearing my white running shoes outside of the gym environment.

Trend Setter
    Pair of New Balance? Im going to get a pair for casual wear, and they where initially intended as running shoes?

Fashionisto
    voila!

FashionBeans Guide To: Gym Fashion | Fashionbeans.com

If nothing here takes your fancy you should just get some Vibram Fiverfingers and be done with it.

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterShorts View Post
    That was my feeling for a long time, but the main thing is that I don't want to keep changing shoes when I leave the gym, I can't stand wearing my white running shoes outside of the gym environment.
    I would just wear a proper outfit on the way to and from, it doesn't have to be anything special, just wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off.

I will often wear my skinny jeans, addidas Cieros, a tee, hoodie and my varsity jacket. Nothing fancy, not particularly fashionable but it serves the purpose and I look better than the vast majority of people anyway.

+ Reply to Thread