FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    15
    Offline

    Work Shirts Help

    hey guys

    im looking for a few smart work shirts. I currently i own 2 allsaints a few river island and a hollister, they all dont fit very well, on some the sleeves are to long and some the chest it to tight/loose. Im looking for better brands, also i prefer slim fit shirts, anyone have any recommendations where I can look? All i really want is a good fit as all i have tried so far are poor. Also wanted some recommendations on blazers that would be good for work, I wear chinos as I dont like full suits so wanted a blazer as an alternative to jumpers.

  2. #2
    Nat

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    805
    Offline
    What's your budget buddy?Also, do you want to keep it quite plain (white, oxford blue, pink) or mix it up a bit, maybe with a plaid?

  3. #3

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    29
    Offline
    I can't speak from experience but I love the look of the ASOS Oxford shirts. The fit, based on the pictures looks perfect. They're all slim fit and have several interesting and different colours. I'll definitely be picking up some for the spring/summer. They also offer short sleeve versions.

    Oxford Shirt | ASOS

    In terms of a blazer(blazers). Most are expensive, Topman offer some affordable ones. You should definitely pick up a Tweed/or Cord blazer if you haven't already.

  4. #4

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    15
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    What's your budget buddy?Also, do you want to keep it quite plain (white, oxford blue, pink) or mix it up a bit, maybe with a plaid?
    hey, i wouldnt want to spend more than around £80 per shirt, i would prefer plaine but am open to other designs though im not a fan or really busy coloured shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by look View Post
    I can't speak from experience but I love the look of the ASOS Oxford shirts. The fit, based on the pictures looks perfect. They're all slim fit and have several interesting and different colours. I'll definitely be picking up some for the spring/summer. They also offer short sleeve versions.

    Oxford Shirt | ASOS

    In terms of a blazer(blazers). Most are expensive, Topman offer some affordable ones. You should definitely pick up a Tweed/or Cord blazer if you haven't already.
    I will order one to have a look at the fit, though my allsaints oxfords are oversized and out of proportion in my opinion. In regard to blazers im not bothered about the price if they fit and look good, i current dont have one at all and wear allsaints pull overs and cardigans every day, which is why i wanted the change.

    edit: looks like most sizes are out on the oxford slims : /
    Last edited by InfernoUk; 28-02-2012 at 09:51 PM.

  5. #5

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Essex, but not the part you see on TV
    Posts
    6
    Offline
    Personally I go for Zara as I find that some of the higher end shirt specialists don't really cater for the slightly smaller male. In TM Lewin in particular, anything that fits on the body has so much cloth on the sleeves it makes me look like a flamenco dancer. Depends on your dimensions though I guess, if you're of 'average' size or above then you'll probably be able to find a good shirt anywhere.

  6. #6

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    100
    Offline
    Folk do some crackin' looking shirts. And gitman bros. Defo on my wish-list.

  7. #7

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    100
    Offline
    Ignore my post, too casual. Cos is a good shout.

  8. #8
    Charlie's Avatar

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    102
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by FashionablyLate View Post
    Personally I go for Zara as I find that some of the higher end shirt specialists don't really cater for the slightly smaller male. In TM Lewin in particular, anything that fits on the body has so much cloth on the sleeves it makes me look like a flamenco dancer. Depends on your dimensions though I guess, if you're of 'average' size or above then you'll probably be able to find a good shirt anywhere.
    The comparison of TM Lewin's shirts to a Flamenco dancer totally made my night, classic.

  9. #9
    Nat

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    805
    Offline
    For work I often use the slim-fit range they do in M&S. They are pretty inexpensive (under £30) and fit really well, but it has to be the slim fit ones for me - anything else is too baggy around the midriff.

    If you're looking to spend £80 a shirt though, you might be able to stretch to a Thomas Pink. Lovely, though a bit too rich for my blood!

  10. #10

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North London, England
    Posts
    15
    Offline
    When I go for work shirts, if I have some surplus cash I go to Harvie and Hudson on Jermyn Street. They are 65 each, 49.99 each if you buy 3 (I think).. While they are not Turnbull & Asser they are much better fare compared to the TM Lewin and Charles Tyhrwhitt shirts imo.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts