FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Men's V-Neck Jumper - How To Wear

I have this jumper which i haven't worn for a couple of years now and wondered if you had any suggestions of what to pair it with. I used to go for the plain white t-shirt under, but it doesn't seem to look right anymore.

Thanks in advance

Jay

Style Icon
    Umm, wow, that's a difficult one. Personally, I'd leave it in the back of the wardrobe, but if you really must wear it, then I'd go all preppy with it.

I'd put some skinny chinos in mid-blue or plum and a crisp white shirt with it. But only if I were being held a gun-point.

Tom

Trend Setter
    A beak?

I'm inclined to agree with the others- it's a difficult one!

For me, it looks very 80s. I can picture this with some loose-ish light blue jeans and some white trainers, but that woudn't be my style at all. I would layer it with a deeper v-neck underneath in black, to keep the silhouette of the jumper clean.

As for if I had to wear it, I think I'd rock it with black skinny jeans and some black shoes, then a black harrington or blazer over the top, so you only get a flash of the side colours rather than them being so full on.

Sam

Style Icon
    This would work much better for a younger guy than a bona fide gentleman so bear that in mind.
    Otherwise, I agree with Jay, I'd work it into a preppy look; I think that beige chinos, brown brogues or loafers, a pink/blue/white shirt and a navy blazer would all anchor it nicely.
    What could really make it pop could be if you matched the yellows on the sides of the jumper to a pocket square. If you were to wear your blazer open it might flap open every so often and instead of people noticing the garish detailing on your jumper they might notice the great co-ordination of your outfit!

Fashionisto
    If I was you, I would give it to a charity store, it looks hideous in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread