FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2
    Sam

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    And as much as I love roll necks, I'd avoid it. They create quite a statement and you want to avoid big clothing statements on a first date. She might hate roll necks on men! (I'm assuming you don't know her too well as yet.) Keep it simple: you want to be the main attraction not what you are wearing.
    We are obviously cut from different cloths. No woman will ever part me from my turtleneck jumpers

Your outfit is starting to sound very good indeed mate!

As for the boots/shoes debate, I would get the boots, as they have more of an edge and are also perfect for this type of year. But then, I prefer edgy styling whereas you seem more traditional. I would be wearing my boots with skinny jeans tucked into them!

Let us know how the date goes!

mkk

Thanks

Thanks for all your help. Jay I looked at the tie and am severely tempted to get it!

In regard to what you were saying, Pin Money, I used to dress more edgy but turned 30 a few months back and thought I should start to dress a bit more traditionally so trying to update my wardrobe.

But thanks again.

One last thing tho, do you guys have any recommendations for camel/brown coats around the £200-300 pound mark? In terms of manufacturers?

Jay

Style Icon
    What kind of camel coat are you looking for? A trench/mac? A peacoat? Or a longer Epsom style overcoat?

mkk

I was thinking either a trench or peacoat style. Like the collar up kinda look

Quote Originally Posted by mkk View Post
    Thanks for all your help. Jay I looked at the tie and am severely tempted to get it!

In regard to what you were saying, Pin Money, I used to dress more edgy but turned 30 a few months back and thought I should start to dress a bit more traditionally so trying to update my wardrobe.

But thanks again.

One last thing tho, do you guys have any recommendations for camel/brown coats around the £200-300 pound mark? In terms of manufacturers?
    Boo! I just turned 30 too, I will not be changing my style though!

mkk

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    Boo! I just turned 30 too, I will not be changing my style though!
    Haha. I would agree but I decided to use this as an opportunity for reinvention after a long term relationship went tits up! Stupid reason I know. But just had to be done

We've all been there! I still think there's room in your life for boots instead of shoes though.

+ Reply to Thread