FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Outfit Suggestions / Feedback

Hi All

Fairly new to the forums, been reading the site for around 12 months now but hadnt noticed the forums until recently!

Just wondered peoples oppinion on outfit, weather the colours match and what footwear / belt would be best!

I have these chinos:
    http://media.burton.co.uk/wcsstore/B...ZBRN_large.jpg

I have a white, slim fit shirt similar to this:
    http://media.topman.com/wcsstore/Top...CWHT_large.jpg

and then was considering rolling the sleeves up, top button on done for a more casual outfit. Or with a piece of knitwear for a nightout / little bit smarter

I own a similar top to this (colour is pretty much the same, just an older style), but wasnt sure if the colours go well together?:
    V-neck Sweater

I am not sure what footwear to wear with it, was thinking white plimsolls would look best? and then what belt? or perhaps without a belt?

Any ideas / feedback are welcome!

Style Icon
    I think a charcoal or navy blue knitted jumper would work better (perhaps v-neck for both, and for the latter cabled) with some brown brogues, dessert shoes or boots. The chinos are extremely versatile, but I always think brown leather looks the best with these colours.

The jumper you mention might be good for a burst of colour, but really it's a question of whether or not you feel comfortable in it.

As for the belt, a brown leather one would match my shoe suggestions. Perhaps a woven belt?

Trend Setter
    I really like how the colours match, the jumper looks great. But I'd advise you against white plimsolls, they are too summery and filmsy for the outfit. If you are not into smarter footwear like brogues, dessert boots, etc. maybe you coud try some 'dressier' trainers. Something like these:

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated... Footwear is certainly something I need to invest in as my plimsoles are all I have at the moment other than shoes. I shall give these suggestions a look!

Ended up skipping on the jumper at the weekend as the club we went to was rammed and would have been hot!

On a side note, for anyone who has never been to Newcastle... possibly the best place for a night out!

+ Reply to Thread