FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Men's Overnight Bag - Suggestions Please

I'm looking for recommendations for a holdall / overnight bag. Having never made this purchase before I'm at a loss as to where to begin. I'm looking for something heritage or brown leather that will last for years, preferably by a bag maker as opposed to a general designer. Budget is £250 but I would be prepared to pay more for the right bag.

Any recommended websites would be appreciated too. And do you think i should wait till the January sales?

Thanks in advance

Trend Setter
    I spent so long looking for mine. I wanted something different to a standard leather though so eventually ended up getting a Hackett one which is grey wool with leather trim - love it.

Because you want a bag maker I would say choices are slim in that price range (Mulberry way out). However, I read the other week, and just checked, that Radley have started making men's bags.
    This one looks beautiful (actually I may even prefer it to my Hackett - damn)
    Radley London :: Banbury Man

Trend Setter
    K9MT Radley London :: Banbury Man that is a beautiful bag! Loving the dark brown, it's by a bag maker and within my range. Glad I posted the thread now. Do you think that will be discounted in the Jan sales?

Could you post a link to the bag you purchased from Hackett please?

I'm going to take a trip to Mulberry in Glasgow after Christmas and see if there is anything that sways me to dig to the bottom of my wallet. If I find a bag for life it would be worth pushing the boat out.

Cheers

FashionBeans Staff
    Take a peek at this one from Barbour:

Chocolate Leather Weekend Bag by Barbour - Brown - Buy Bags Online at my-wardrobe.com

Not a bag maker per say, but you know it will be decent quality and it's within budget - In fact I've had my eye on it for quite a while now, just can't afford to spend that amount of money.

Trend Setter

No idea if it will be discounted - sorry. Because the men's line has only just launched I would say no, but that is a wild guess.

If I had to pick one fault with that bag (and because of the price) it would be that there isn't an inner liner - I think this is because they market it as a winter bag, maybe chuck in wet boots. I see they have a very similar one in this season, but not as nice in my opinion.

I remember debating about that Barbour one, but decided it is slightly too feminine for my taste.
    Last edited by K9MT; 30-11-2011 at 08:30 PM.

I have a large black leather weekend bag from Luke 1977. It was £250, but I noticed a scuff on the underside and managed to barter them down to £90. My gf couldn't believe it! Neither could I really. Needless to say, the scuff was irrelevant as I have travelled widely with it, and the more wear it picks up, the better it looks.

No help to the OP I'm afraid, apart from that a decent leather bag is a good investment.

Accessories - Men

Made in Italy, proper good quality and only £65!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Accessories - Men

Made in Italy, proper good quality and only £65!
    That bag looks great. Do you have it?

+ Reply to Thread