FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 Last

Went for this the other day. I also bought American Crew Super Glue product. Its the shit so far

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin_Upson View Post
    Went for this the other day. I also bought American Crew Super Glue product. Its the shit so far
    Looks good, I'm going to have to have a play when I get chance!

Trend Setter
    To be quite honest, I'm a bit sick of the side parting and its many variations. I did some work for Aveda a couple of years ago when this trend was starting to make waves and I thought it was great. I think it's a bit tired now. This is by no means a slight on those who choose to wear it like that. If you like it and wear it well then power to you. I'm not saying we need to start looking at avant garde cuts or mad colours but mens hair really does need a refresh! Something new. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    To be quite honest, I'm a bit sick of the side parting and its many variations. I did some work for Aveda a couple of years ago when this trend was starting to make waves and I thought it was great. I think it's a bit tired now. This is by no means a slight on those who choose to wear it like that. If you like it and wear it well then power to you. I'm not saying we need to start looking at avant garde cuts or mad colours but mens hair really does need a refresh! Something new. Just my opinion.
    Thing is though mate, its a classic, something that never goes out of fashion. I had it a few years ago before, as you've stated, it was in again and since then I've had all sorts of styles but gone back to it now.

Trend Setter
    You're right, it is a classic and I admire it for being exactly that; a classic. It's when a trend, whether that be in hair or clothing or whatever becomes so ubiquitous that I kind of think it devalues it. A snobby perspective perhaps but really I'm just looking for a little more variety in mens hair.

Editor-In-Chief
    Just something I want to mention on a related note; FashionBeans is going to be launching a hairstyles gallery soon that will hopefully showcase a wide variety of hairstyles which you will be able to filter by style, length etc. and then print off.

Something to look forward to, and I am trying to get some hair salons and companies on board as we speak - this is the bit that takes time!

Would love to hear more about what styles you guys are rocking this autumn/winter though...
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Herbert View Post
    Just something I want to mention on a related note; FashionBeans is going to be launching a hairstyles gallery soon that will hopefully showcase a wide variety of hairstyles which you will be able to filter by style, length etc. and then print off.

Something to look forward to, and I am trying to get some hair salons and companies on board as we speak - this is the bit that takes time!

Would love to hear more about what styles you guys are rocking this autumn/winter though...
    This excites me! Nice work, Ben.

Yeah good shout, I often look for new cuts online and it's a real ballache!

Fashionisto
    I'm currently trying out something along the lines of this, just with a bit thicker hair. (I'm 22)
    Main reason is that I love having semi-long hair (always had very short until 1year ago), but am having trouble finding a style that looks good, with the hair still staying clear of my face as much as possible.

I agree with the points about that specific super trendy side-parting cut which, at least here in Copenhagen, is soooo overused (95% of hipsters have it).
    I do like the more classically sophisticated version though.
    Last edited by rusty; 28-09-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Think I'll gp get some of this gear over the weekend, been hearing a few good things on different forums.

+ Reply to Thread