FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 Last

a Realtive of mines is currently opening a hair salon in Glasogw & would be interested in this

Trend Setter
    I currently have a quiff/fringe, bit messier towards the back, I have tried to grow it longer on the top for a long time, problem is my have grows thicker than longer, so becomes pretty unmanageable and its pretty expensive just to go back an just get the sides cut. Guess its just putting up with it for a while untill it gets to the right length. Really looking forward to more hair related content on the site though!

Jay

Style Icon
    I have quite a wild, messy quiff thing going on at the moment, but with short, sharp back and sides (which need yet another trim). After years of shorter hair where all I needed was a quick towel dry and run some wax through it, I'm now awash with waxes, sea salt sprays, holding sprays, hairdryers, combs and the like to get it looking just so. I have the whole thing down to about about five minutes to style (after washing), but love it so don't ind the extra effort each morning.

Foppish fringe and short back and sides looks awesome. It can make the face look more squared aswell. I'm growing mine out on top at the mo so I can do more with it.

Jay

Style Icon
    I've just returned from the hairdressers and where my quiff was once wild and carefree, it has now been tamed and is sporting a smarter look with razor-sharp short back and side and a more manageable quiff, and looks something like (although sadly I look nothing like the model):

I absolutely love it!

Tom

Trend Setter
    With a forehead like that i'd count yourself lucky you don't look like him!

Good work on the gallery Ben, great idea. I too have trawled the net for inspiration and found none. Most hair sites are awash with suspicious looking Spaniards with awful spiky hair or overly styled short 'messy' styles.

Sam

Style Icon
    My look, and this was established fairly in the hair products thread, is the same as Jay's used to be, although as a blond gent the aim is to channel James Dean so I think I'll be sticking to the wavy version.
    Also, Jay... did you notice the ridiculous daring of the outfit on that model? It's quite something!

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    My look, and this was established fairly in the hair products thread, is the same as Jay's used to be, although as a blond gent the aim is to channel James Dean so I think I'll be sticking to the wavy version.
    Also, Jay... did you notice the ridiculous daring of the outfit on that model? It's quite something!
    Are you referring the the triple stripe action? I think it really works because of the different widths giving plenty of contrast whilst the creams and yellows bring it all together.

If you're not meaning that then I'm a massive eejut.

Sam

Style Icon
    Yeah, I am, and I agree that it works completely! It takes a bold stylist to go for triple stripes and strong colours, fair play to him or her.

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by billyreedwah View Post
    Definitely mid length or longer for warmth. Might just grow it out and comb it back, kinda like this.

This is kind of what I have going at the moment, It's still a work in progress but it's definitely getting there, it still needs to get a bit longer on top and in the fringe so the weight holds my hair down (it is ridiculously thick and does whatever it wants) and I'm still not sure about the sides, think I might have to go a bit shorter than I had initially thought.

+ Reply to Thread