FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 ... Last
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2988

Lots of goodness on this page

* edit - last page *
    Last edited by Ivan Condor Aasllani; 06-01-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Style Icon
    @ Creed - I really like the leather jacket and scarf combo. Very cool. I'm a bit wary of ordering Zara scarfs online - I got one a few months back and I swear it was big enough to be a blanket. It was ginormous.

@ Sam 1234 - Liking the New Years Eve look. Those suede boots are really nice.

@ Ivan Condor Aasllani - Not sure about that Reiss jacket, though you could well prove me wrong with a nice combo. The Holland Esquire blazer is amazing. I would mug you for that blazer! Do you mind me asking what size it is and what size the AS denim is (interested to see how they fit so well together).

I went for dinner and a few drinks last night - went for chelsea boots with some skinnies and a tux jacket. Took a few snaps when I got home.. not great quality, but I was a bit wobbly at the time.

Style Icon
    @dorian - yes the scarf is huge, I had to double loop it round my neck to prevent it dropping below the jacket! I'm quite short so if I just draped it with no loop it would be below my knees Very warm though!

Today's ensemble (sorry about the terrible photos)

Navy herringbone bespoke suit - asuitthatfits.com
    Bespoke shirt - rajewongse (tailor from Thailand)
    Tie - Dunhill
    Pocket Square - Reiss
    Silk knot (in lapel hole) - eBay
    Cufflinks - Duchamp
    Briefcase - Dunhill
    Socks - Ralph Lauren
    Shoes - Herring 'Chaucer II'

I like to create a complete sensory match by matching the fragrance with the colours so that people associate the colours with the smells. My lapel has what looks like a berry and the suit is dark and dusky, so I am wearing Tom Ford Black Violet so that peoples nose pick up violet fragrance from the blue hue, and the fruit pulp when they see the artificial berry (silk knot). If I was wearing a lighter suit I'd wear a more lighter fragrance, yellow tie would be a citrus fragrance and so on. It keeps me happy anyway, stuff what anyone else thinks of my theory

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    I like to create a complete sensory match by matching the fragrance with the colours so that people associate the colours with the smells. My lapel has what looks like a berry and the suit is dark and dusky, so I am wearing Tom Ford Black Violet so that peoples nose pick up violet fragrance from the blue hue, and the fruit pulp when they see the artificial berry (silk knot). If I was wearing a lighter suit I'd wear a more lighter fragrance, yellow tie would be a citrus fragrance and so on. It keeps me happy anyway, stuff what anyone else thinks of my theory
    LOL! That's brilliant... and totally eccentric!!! Looking very sharp in the suit btw.

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    @ Ivan Condor Aasllani - Not sure about that Reiss jacket, though you could well prove me wrong with a nice combo. The Holland Esquire blazer is amazing. I would mug you for that blazer! Do you mind me asking what size it is and what size the AS denim is (interested to see how they fit so well together).
    The denim is an L and I think the blazer is a 40. It was pretty snug getting it on and off tbh but fine once it was on. Had to unbutton the blazer for manouvres like sitting down, reaching up etc but that's normal

That blazer is a little large for me so it's ideal for layering jumpers etc under, however I don't have much call for such formality. I was happy that it worked so well with the denim jacket because it means I may start wearing it a bit more casually. I was really happy with how the light blue check and detailing blended with the light blue denim. It was accidental really but I'm going to claim it was by design lol

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    The denim is an L and I think the blazer is a 40. It was pretty snug getting it on and off tbh but fine once it was on. Had to unbutton the blazer for manouvres like sitting down, reaching up etc but that's normal

That blazer is a little large for me so it's ideal for layering jumpers etc under, however I don't have much call for such formality. I was happy that it worked so well with the denim jacket because it means I may start wearing it a bit more casually. I was really happy with how the light blue check and detailing blended with the light blue denim. It was accidental really but I'm going to claim it was by design lol

They look great together - the whole outfit really works. I'd a look at the Holland website (hadn't heard of it before) - not a lot in stock at the minute, but I'll definitely be checking back. Not cheap but they seem to good quality blazers (not over-priced so... )& I really need to get a decent blazer without having to resort to mugging!

Des

Style Icon
    Creed is my new man crush.

fly

What are everyone's thoughts on this scarf? It was a Christmas present and I'm not too sure how to wear it to be completely honest. I thought the diagonal effect it had at the bottom looked pretty cool.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by fly View Post

What are everyone's thoughts on this scarf? It was a Christmas present and I'm not too sure how to wear it to be completely honest. I thought the diagonal effect it had at the bottom looked pretty cool.
    Decent looking scarf, as it's long and the material isn't too heavy, I reckon loop left fairly loose like this:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/88101736431957994/

If it's going to hang below the jacket, personally I think it looks better to have it over the top of the jacket, if it's short enough to be concealed, keep inside the jacket so it looks more like a shawl.

Quote Originally Posted by fly View Post

I like how you are wearing it, looks cool imo

+ Reply to Thread