FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 ... Last
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2599

Quote Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
    I'd be concerned with tapered jeans that the calves would be loose or the foot opening quite a bit wider than on traditional skinny/slim jeans?
    Tapered jeans are wider in the thigh and narrower in the calf / leg opening so you should be fine. All Saints have some tapered styles in the sale atm I think.

TBH I'm far from skinny and can't really wear non-stretch skinnies, but anything with 2-3% elastane in the composition is a totally different ball game. They tend to stretch out around the waistband / crotch / thighs as you wear them but the lower leg doesn't stretch so you end up with a tapered look. It's quite flattering as it moulds to your shape.

I would therefore recommend looking for stretch skinnies over non-stretch tapers.

There's always the option of tailoring some loose jeans too, I've done that in the past and it's been well worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Tapered jeans are wider in the thigh and narrower in the calf / leg opening so you should be fine. All Saints have some tapered styles in the sale atm I think.

TBH I'm far from skinny and can't really wear non-stretch skinnies, but anything with 2-3% elastane in the composition is a totally different ball game. They tend to stretch out around the waistband / crotch / thighs as you wear them but the lower leg doesn't stretch so you end up with a tapered look. It's quite flattering as it moulds to your shape.

I would therefore recommend looking for stretch skinnies over non-stretch tapers.

There's always the option of tailoring some loose jeans too, I've done that in the past and it's been well worth the money.
    I can second this. All of my jeans have 2/3% elastane in the composition and they fit perfectly. Brands to try, All Saints, AQAQ, Nudie, Paul Smith, Diesel there loads to be fair. You'd probably benefit from going to the shops (do people even do that anymore?) and actually trying on some pairs. All the above brands fall in the under 100 bracket.

Trend Setter
    I have the same muscular-thigh-problem. Recent jeans I found that fit are:

- Cos "slim fit tapered jean" that pair has the best fit.
    - Scotch and Soda slim fit jeans: they're fine, except that they may be a little tight around the calfs
    - Levi's 511: great fit in the top half, but a little too wide round the calfs, so not quite "slim" at the bottom.

I got them all for well under 100 quid.

I too am very miffed that no AllSaints jeans fit me...

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I can second this. All of my jeans have 2/3% elastane in the composition and they fit perfectly. Brands to try, All Saints, AQAQ, Nudie, Paul Smith, Diesel there loads to be fair. You'd probably benefit from going to the shops (do people even do that anymore?) and actually trying on some pairs. All the above brands fall in the under 100 bracket.
    Have you had AQAQ jeans? Like the look of them but dubious of qualitay

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Have you had AQAQ jeans? Like the look of them but dubious of qualitay
    Not taken the plunge yet, but have heard good things from mates.

Fashionisto
    My two cents worth on jeans - I have problems getting jeans to fit for years as have big thighs etc and in the end found Gap slim jeans the best fit. Quality not amazing but def do the job.

Fashionisto
    My first WAYWT post in this thread so go easy on me

This peacoat arrived today and I thought i'd try a possible outfit; nothing fancy just keeping it simple.

Apologies for the crappy lighting

HE by Mango peacoat
    Zara animal print tee
    All Saints black jeans
    H by Hudson brogue boots

Quote Originally Posted by waqar46 View Post
    My first WAYWT post in this thread so go easy on me

This peacoat arrived today and I thought i'd try a possible outfit; nothing fancy just keeping it simple.

Apologies for the crappy lighting

HE by Mango peacoat
    Zara animal print tee
    All Saints black jeans
    H by Hudson brogue boots

Good look. Might have to give the Zara animal print tee a go..

Pic from today.

Zara coat
    All Saints tee
    All Saints jeans
    Grenson boots

Also finally got around to trying on the Burberry tee I got from Mr Porter:

Waqar that's nice, seconded on the animal tee

Joshua, not sure on that jacket man. Rest of the fit is cool though and loving the Burberry tee

+ Reply to Thread