FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 ... Last
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 3091

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Good look. Might have to give the Zara animal print tee a go..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Waqar that's nice, seconded on the animal tee

Joshua, not sure on that jacket man. Rest of the fit is cool though and loving the Burberry tee
    Thanks guys, yeah I got the tee in a red too. Probably a bit less versatile but good for adding a bit of colour.

You should definitely go ahead and grab one (they're on for just 9.99 now).

Got mine in a L and it's a pretty tight fit as you'd expect from Zara I guess, also has a bit of a silky feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Pic from today.

Zara coat
    All Saints tee
    All Saints jeans
    Grenson boots

Also finally got around to trying on the Burberry tee I got from Mr Porter:

I LOVE that Burberry tee Joshua! One for the wish list as the prices aren't very student friendly :P

Trend Setter
    ^ T-shirt looks really cool. had to see it on to judge and I like.

Style Icon
    Very strong look waqar, LOVE the coat, where is it from?

Mine for today:

Shawl cardi - Topman
    Cardigan - uniqlo
    Roll neck - uniqlo
    Lapel pin - Topman
    Jeans - H&M
    Shoes - Topman

Fashionisto
    @Creed

It's just a HE by mango pea coat mate.

I've always wondered what the fitting is like with uniqlo stuff? I've only ever bought OCBDs from them and had to size down to a S which fits me pretty snug.
    I'm normally a M/L everywhere else.

Like those shoes too, i've got a similar pair in tan from ALDO; suede is such a pain to keep clean.

Fashionisto
    On the back of the jeans conversation I've got a pair of 511s that I'm going to slim down from the knee downwards as they are too loose. Anyone done this before and how easy was it. Also just ordered a pair of slim dark jeans from H&M. Only 20 and got free delivery so worth a shot.

My outfit today is ( no photo as don't have time or a mirror long enough)

White shirt - next
    Mustard v neck - H&M
    Navy chinos - next
    Tan brogues -ASOS

Fashionisto
    Forgot to mention really liking the look @creed! Loving the attention to detail with the button hole and lapel pins

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Waqar that's nice, seconded on the animal tee

Joshua, not sure on that jacket man. Rest of the fit is cool though and loving the Burberry tee
    Why the reservations? I'm really liking the jacket ATM, it's got a military feel to it and reminds me of the coat Bane wears in Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Very strong look waqar, LOVE the coat, where is it from?

Mine for today:

Shawl cardi - Topman
    Cardigan - uniqlo
    Roll neck - uniqlo
    Lapel pin - Topman
    Jeans - H&M
    Shoes - Topman

Liking the layering Creed. Reminds me that I need to pick up a lapel pin in the sales.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_wag View Post
    On the back of the jeans conversation I've got a pair of 511s that I'm going to slim down from the knee downwards as they are too loose. Anyone done this before and how easy was it.
    I have to tailor 90% of my clothing, so eventually for things that don't involve a suit or expensive clothing, I started altering myself. The pants will be fairly simple. Turn them inside out and put them on. Pin in the excess material, and then simply run a stitch along the outside to taper them in. I would recommend tapering all the way from top to bottom instead of just from the knee down, otherwise you'll get a bit of a weird spot where the tapering begins on the outside. Once you have them the appropriate width, do a...uh... zig zag(?) stitch outside of the main stitch for strength. Then, cut off any excess material (optional).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf27--nEjp0

Style Icon
    @waqar - I buy a lot from uniqlo as I'm short (5'6") and they do a realistic size XS which fits perfectly. Uniqlo is a Japanese label so my understanding is they are true to size or even slightly smaller as the Japanese have a smaller build. Their jeans are a no brainer in store as they hem jeans for free while you wait, so they are almost all a guaranteed fit. I like HE by Mango, but found most if their size small to be way too large for me!

@craig - thanks so much for your nice comment, I do like to make an effort

@ Joshua - yes I picked these up dirt cheap at Topman, 5 for a pack of 3!! Best ones are the vintage lot on eBay, mostly from US sellers for $5 or so.

Trend Setter
    Was looking for feedback on the sort of stuff I typically wear. Worried my weekday style may be a little dull. On these photos I have a pair of black slim fit cords with a brown woven leather belt from Anderson's, a Paul Smith graphic t-shirt and a Margiela knit. Is this kind of thing too dull for the local pub or a walk around in the evening? Not sure if I should brighten it up with something or just go for fairly tried and tested combinations. Sorry if the photos aren't great but I've never taken mirror phone shots before.

+ Reply to Thread