FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 244 ... Last
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2909

Trend Setter
    @Creed:
    I love how I always look at your outfit, think something like: Damn, that cardigan!, think it must be something unbelievably expensive and then I read the brandname. Brand just doesn't matter, your outfits are proof enough.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Very strong look waqar, LOVE the coat, where is it from?

Mine for today:

Shawl cardi - Topman
    Cardigan - uniqlo
    Roll neck - uniqlo
    Lapel pin - Topman
    Jeans - H&M
    Shoes - Topman

I like how you nail the fit with everything. Even layering grey on grey works because of the cuts of the two tops. Like seeing photos of more interesting combinations like this as it gives me ideas. Nice job!

Style Icon
    Hi gibbe, it's not dull as such, but there is always scope to inject a bit of pazaz. For example on the grey top in the outfit would look more hip with a scarf loosely around your neck for example. Or with the sleeves pulled up 1/4.

There are some good articles in the style guides here for style reinvention which I myself have used and adopted many small snippets here and there. Just be prepared to dig your wallet out if you want a true transformation - I deliberately binned a whole load of regular clothes which I always used to wear as obvious and safe bets. And as this site always point out, the fit of the clothes is as important as the actual styles - if you buy clothes that don't fit well you may as well not bother at all.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagni View Post
    @Creed:
    I love how I always look at your outfit, think something like: Damn, that cardigan!, think it must be something unbelievably expensive and then I read the brandname. Brand just doesn't matter, your outfits are proof enough.
    Thanks anagni and Gibbe, trust me I don't have a big clothes budget, this outfit was cheap:

Roll neck 4.90
    Cardi shawl neck - 30
    Cardi - 19.90
    Jeans - 19.99
    Shoes - 25

I'm no style guru but if it gives you inspiration, up until just 2 months ago I only EVER wore jeans, hoody and converse all star and some 4 year old random all saints stuff, I have picked up most of my ideas literally in the last 2 months from the style guides here and other people like sabir peele (google him). I never used to wear cardigans or smart shoes outside of work. My casual wardrobe was totally unoriginal just months ago.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Hi gibbe, it's not dull as such, but there is always scope to inject a bit of pazaz. For example on the grey top in the outfit would look more hip with a scarf loosely around your neck for example. Or with the sleeves pulled up 1/4.

There are some good articles in the style guides here for style reinvention which I myself have used and adopted many small snippets here and there. Just be prepared to dig your wallet out if you want a true transformation - I deliberately binned a whole load of regular clothes which I always used to wear as obvious and safe bets. And as this site always point out, the fit of the clothes is as important as the actual styles - if you buy clothes that don't fit well you may as well not bother at all.
    Thanks for the feedback mate. Must admit I'm more of a shirt and cardigan man most of the time but these days tend to dress a bit more lazily as that's become my work attire so I change into something more comfortable at home. What kind of scarves are you thinking? More of a linen or silk summer type or a warmer winter one? Money isn't too much of an issue within reason, I think I just buy lots of similar items rather than taking risks. I have probably 7-8 block coloured shirts, 7-8 solid colour jumpers, 7-8 solid coloured trousers etc and just throw them on together rather than going for anything different. Will look into scarves definitely.

Trend Setter

Bellfield shirt, River Island jumper

edit: I see tinypic has rotated my pics again...
    Last edited by Jonesy; 09-01-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback mate. Must admit I'm more of a shirt and cardigan man most of the time but these days tend to dress a bit more lazily as that's become my work attire so I change into something more comfortable at home. What kind of scarves are you thinking? More of a linen or silk summer type or a warmer winter one? Money isn't too much of an issue within reason, I think I just buy lots of similar items rather than taking risks. I have probably 7-8 block coloured shirts, 7-8 solid colour jumpers, 7-8 solid coloured trousers etc and just throw them on together rather than going for anything different. Will look into scarves definitely.
    Re scarves, for me it would depend on whether I was wearing that top out with no jacket. The top looks quite thin, so a chunky scarf might look a bit weird, so probably a lighter weight scarf. If with a jacket, then a thicker scarf to look all snug (these are just my personal thoughts - I also wear thinner scarves with jackets but never thick scarf with no jacket). In terms of colour, browns, greys, blacks, navy... Grey is a very easy colour to match with. Personally I'd go for a patterned scarf as it's a plain top.

I have a collection of a few scarves as per below, I don't think any of these were more than 35:

Cream ralf Lauren - chunky wool - I wear with my camel over coat and sometimes with my black leather bomber and also a burgundy jacket.
    Brownish patterned thin from Reiss - I wear this with brown suits, camel overcoat, greys or black
    Black and white chunky from Zara - I wear with black, cream, grey or camel overcoat.
    Electric blue top man - VERY chunky and long - I wear this with a totally black outfit
    Pinky grey thin from Reiss - I can wear is with grey, black, blues, or reds usually
    Black snood from H&M - to be honest I wear this with any colour.

There are some black wool gloves too - 1 for 2 pairs from primark

Go into a shop with that top on and test out a few scarves and go with your gut feel

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonymism View Post
    I have to tailor 90% of my clothing, so eventually for things that don't involve a suit or expensive clothing, I started altering myself. The pants will be fairly simple. Turn them inside out and put them on. Pin in the excess material, and then simply run a stitch along the outside to taper them in. I would recommend tapering all the way from top to bottom instead of just from the knee down, otherwise you'll get a bit of a weird spot where the tapering begins on the outside. Once you have them the appropriate width, do a...uh... zig zag(?) stitch outside of the main stitch for strength. Then, cut off any excess material (optional).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf27--nEjp0
    thanks! one day I want to learn to do my own tailoring. good work!

Trend Setter
    Loving the burst of activity in this thread - some quality looks going on!

@Josh, I dunno, just not sure about the huge floppy collar on it. Might just be the pic tho

+ Reply to Thread