FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... Last
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 3073
  1. #1481
    DorianGrape's Avatar

    FashionBeans Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,030
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    @Dorian I have that same knit, it's quite a subtle take on animal print and imo it looks v good

    A nice thing to have for going out etc when you want something a little different
    Wasn't feeling it when I tried it on at first, but I've found (after joining this forum) that taking selfies are a big help in seeing what works and what doesn't. Though when you've kids at home who like to get in on the act, that's sometimes easier said than done!




    @k9mt - cool look. Personally I think it would be better without the jumper, but it's still a nice combo.

    @mascherani - wouldn't mind trying something like that out for work. Where are the shoes and trousers from?

  2. #1482

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    21
    Offline
    This is a great thread which gives you some great ideas. I would love to see more pics of outfits for Friday / Saturday night, this is something I sometimes lack inspiration with when on a night out.

  3. #1483

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    27
    Offline
    Not today, but this is what I ended up doing Friday:



    (This was the end result of the discussion here: http://www.fashionbeans.com/forums/g...nner-pics.html)

  4. #1484
    Zac

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    57
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Earendur View Post
    Not today, but this is what I ended up doing Friday:



    (This was the end result of the discussion here: http://www.fashionbeans.com/forums/g...nner-pics.html)
    Blazer is a little too wide around the bottom and so are the jeans in my opinion.
    Try a slim or tapered fit pair as the baggy calves make you look more middle-aged I think personally.
    It's all about individual preference though so if that's the style or fit you feel good in then go for it, a confident dresser generally looks better than someone uncomfortable in their clothes.
    As a side note as well I think a white shirt would have added to the look instead of blue, solid attempt for a 'beginner' as you label yourself though!

  5. #1485

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    622
    Offline
    @dorian- that outfit is superb, one of my personal favourites I have seen on here

    @earendur - the middle one looks best, much better than your original suggestion with the checked shirt. Keep plugging away.

    Here is today's:

    Cream tailored Birdseye suit - asuitthatfits.com (buttons swapped to marble effect from Tatters)
    Tailored shirt - rajawongse
    Tie - reiss
    Pocket square - reiss
    Silk knot (in lapel) - eBay
    Vintage amber cufflinks - eBay
    Socks - primark
    Shoes - Topman


  6. #1486

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    44
    Offline

  7. #1487

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1
    Offline
    Guys

    Just wondered what you thought about this. Trying to keep it smart but simple. Im out in Dubai working so the tempreture is pretty cool on a night at the moment about 15 - 20 c
    Something like the attached, but with a v neck
    Must add i will be wearing a Dark brown Suede shoe, or a lighter brown dessert boot. Any suggestions welcome




  8. #1488
    Ivan Condor Aasllani's Avatar

    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,807
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac View Post
    Blazer is a little too wide around the bottom and so are the jeans in my opinion.
    Try a slim or tapered fit pair as the baggy calves make you look more middle-aged I think personally.
    It's all about individual preference though so if that's the style or fit you feel good in then go for it, a confident dresser generally looks better than someone uncomfortable in their clothes.
    As a side note as well I think a white shirt would have added to the look instead of blue, solid attempt for a 'beginner' as you label yourself though!
    He's in America too mind - it's different out there, fits are not so slim etc

  9. #1489
    Nat

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    931
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    @dorian- that outfit is superb, one of my personal favourites I have seen on here

    @earendur - the middle one looks best, much better than your original suggestion with the checked shirt. Keep plugging away.

    Here is today's:

    Cream tailored Birdseye suit - asuitthatfits.com (buttons swapped to marble effect from Tatters)
    Tailored shirt - rajawongse
    Tie - reiss
    Pocket square - reiss
    Silk knot (in lapel) - eBay
    Vintage amber cufflinks - eBay
    Socks - primark
    Shoes - Topman

    That's a pretty elegant outfit Creed.

  10. #1490
    MarcLager's Avatar

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    678
    Offline
    Some great looks being posted here, I must say. Don't have time to comment on all of them.

    @Creed: That latest one is almost too slick! Almost. Great look!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts