FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 250 ... Last
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2894

Style Icon
    @nat - thanks for your nice comment

@marclager - thanks too! Yes I know what you mean and I do like to push the boundaries, but more down the unusual combo route rather than the loud (such as braces, fat bling watch,tie clips etc). I work in a mega corporate environment, my colleagues are mostly older and extremely straight laced, polite and prim - not a wide boy in sight. I think in a city type environment I'd be eaten alive for wearing something like this, there would be piss takes left right and centre. Ive carved a bit of a niche in my workplace and with clients with my suits, I've been dressing similar to this at my company for over 9 years now and everyone knows what to expect and therefore is doesn't seem flash or showy. The trick will be pulling this off in any new company I join without looking like an attention seeking peacock.

Trend Setter
    @dorian: zara trousers, desert boots custom made on a local factory.

@Creed: loving the suit. great color. the pocketsquare, on the other hand, it's showing a little too much. remind me gloves (i use gloves in my coats pocket, btw).

today's outfit. a bit lazy, so giving the denim jacket another shot (it's my fav aw13/14 item), this time under a military jacket:

Trend Setter
    the thread is on fire
    Last edited by sam1234; 13-01-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    @dorian- that outfit is superb, one of my personal favourites I have seen on here
    Wow... thanks Creed! That's the nicest compliment I've had in a long time!

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    Wow... thanks Creed! That's the nicest compliment I've had in a long time!
    My pleasure! I think the key reason for me that it works so well is because everything clearly fits perfectly, that same outfit could look terrible on someone else if it was too big, but you've nailed the fit spot on! You also suit the 'rugged' look with the beard, it just works really well. I guess it's a bit of a style taboo, but not everyone can pull off a certain look, no matter how hard they try. For example I am very boyish looking and this outfit would not work well on me. It would take me about 10 years to grow a beard for starters

Zac

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    He's in America too mind - it's different out there, fits are not so slim etc
    Yeah good shout, definitely think a slimmer jean would make a world of difference though

Simple Monday work fit

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    @dorian- that outfit is superb, one of my personal favourites I have seen on here

@earendur - the middle one looks best, much better than your original suggestion with the checked shirt. Keep plugging away.

Here is today's:

Cream tailored Birdseye suit - asuitthatfits.com (buttons swapped to marble effect from Tatters)
    Tailored shirt - rajawongse
    Tie - reiss
    Pocket square - reiss
    Silk knot (in lapel) - eBay
    Vintage amber cufflinks - eBay
    Socks - primark
    Shoes - Topman

Hi Creed! Another great outfit.As somebody who loves to be smartly dressed myself I am obviously keen on your style. I do like to accessorise with items such as tie clips but each to our own. Do you just dress well because of your work or do you always like to look good?

Zac

Fashionisto
    Solid knitwear Ivan, where's it from?

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjie Baldini View Post
    Hi Creed! Another great outfit.As somebody who loves to be smartly dressed myself I am obviously keen on your style. I do like to accessorise with items such as tie clips but each to our own. Do you just dress well because of your work or do you always like to look good?
    Accessories are cool but metal items beyond cufflinks don't seem to suit me for some reason, I rarely even wear a watch. I just can't seem to pull the look off. I only wear my suits at work, I never really wear any of is stuff outside of work hours - although I might be tempted to give the suit jacket / jeans combo a try in the spring I really enjoy dressing up for work, I have a personal interest in design and colours, so getting dressed for work is always a bit of fun, outside of work I don't put in as much effort.

I'd love to get some new suit ideas / combination idea from people on here so please post up your pics too benjie!!

Ivan - LOVE that knit piece

+ Reply to Thread