FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 252 ... Last
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2593

Style Icon
    @nat - thanks very much I always do it in a full Windsor knot to get the dimple, but this is one of my 'fluke' ties where the dimple just seems to magically appear! I think it's because it's a wool mix and it's quite grippy. Some of my others (basically most of the TM Lewin ones which are silk) are a nightmare and never seem to dimple up no matter now much adjusting I do.

@joshua - thank you I bet you'd look awesome in a suit, your casual outfits are always well inspired so I think you are just being modest I've got 2 new suits on the way this week which are a bit bolder (dogtooth and glen plaid) so it could go either way with those!

Trend Setter
    @Ivan - what do you do for work? Wish I could dress like that during the day. Been in a suit myself pretty much non stop since starting my new job, get home lateish and tend to just want to relax as I'm so tired so I'm just chucking shorts and a tee on. Depressing!

Quote Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
    @Ivan - what do you do for work? Wish I could dress like that during the day. Been in a suit myself pretty much non stop since starting my new job, get home lateish and tend to just want to relax as I'm so tired so I'm just chucking shorts and a tee on. Depressing!
    I work in a design and print studio, it's v casual

Bit smarter today

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    @joshua - thank you I bet you'd look awesome in a suit, your casual outfits are always well inspired so I think you are just being modest I've got 2 new suits on the way this week which are a bit bolder (dogtooth and glen plaid) so it could go either way with those!
    Wish I was mate, just learnt a few good tricks to hide my bad bits, or the bits I least like about myself. For me suit trousers don't hide a thing are just all shit, whereas a suit jacket can hide a lot and accentuate the good bits. Thinking of slimming down a little and getting a bespoke navy suit as a treat this year. Getting some good accessory inspiration from your looks though.

Trend Setter
    WIWT, and I'm not at all ashamed to say that I basically ripped off Creed's look from earlier

Fake Oxblood Leather Jacket: Zappos
    Blue Chambray fleck shirt: Asos
    Black Moleskin Pants: GAP (GQ collab)
    New Balance 373: Somewhere in the mall?

This is my first "leather" jacket so that's kind of why I got a fake one. Just testing the waters!

Trend Setter
    Nice, really looking that look Ivan.

I want to start adding in some flavour to my work wear, especially with summer approaching.

I have to go out to site once a week so can't really dress 'flashy' on those days as it might be hard to drum up relationships with builders etc as a lot of them don't appreciate that sort of stuff. I know that sounds pretty harsh but it's a given mostly. When I'm in the office I can dress how I want but spend most of my time at my desk so it's a tough balance of wanting to dress nice/is it worth the money/hassle for work.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Thinking of slimming down a little and getting a bespoke navy suit as a treat this year. Getting some good accessory inspiration from your looks though.
    That's the spirit

With bespoke you will not want to put the weight on after shedding it. I have lost 3 inches round my belly recently, and although I wasn't really fat (31") I'm now a 28" round the belly and had all 11 of my bespoke suits re-fitted and altered down. If I put on weight I'd basically have nothing to wear to work! So it does work as a useful subconscious prompt to stay in shape!

@antonymism - have no shame at all mate, that's a fabulous outfit, top marks.

Trend Setter
    another clean look for work.
    first without the inevitable denim jacket, then with my fetiche item for some texture under the velvet blazer.

sorry for the poor quality photos (and i really must clean the mirror!?!)

Style Icon
    I really like the last two "work looks" from Mascherani & Ivan... I'm a bit like Naboo in that I could do with a spruce up on the work look side of things.

I enjoy shopping for clothes for casual wear and occasions but find that I get bored looking for work clothes as I equate work clothes with a boring look. However, what these looks - and a lot of the articles on FB - have shown me is that you can dress smart for work and still look cool at the same time.

Trend Setter
    Agreed Dorian. I've fallen into the trap of either a full suit, which is uncessecary in my job or smart plain trousers and a shirt with shoes. Definitely wanna start adding in some more texture to my outfits. I'm thinking chinos, wool trousers, denim shirts, shawl cardigans etc.

+ Reply to Thread