FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 ... Last
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2870

Style Icon
    The camo shoes are cool but I'm not sure all these dark colours work too well together. If I were pairing it with that colour jeans, I'd go for a light blue (even denim) shirt rather than a dark brown one.&nbsp;<br><br>Another option would be to wear a military type tee or even camo print on top to tie in with the shoes but if you think that's a bit much, then pairing them with black skinnies and a white tee/ shirt would definitely work.

Trend Setter
    Another effort with the oxblood jacket-- I was going for a Mod look tonight:

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonymism View Post
    Another effort with the oxblood jacket-- I was going for a Mod look tonight:

Looks alright. Not sure what's Mod about it though.

Trend Setter
    Yeeeeah I kind of don't know what Mod entails, 100%. I try to avoid turn ups with boots because I think that is not a great look for shorter people. Maybe if they were Chelsea boots I would have been closer?

Nat

Style Icon
    I always think of slim tailoring and quite a buttoned-up look. Think Ben Sherman and Fred Perry for modern takes on it. Or watch the film Quadrophenia.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonymism View Post
    Yeeeeah I kind of don't know what Mod entails, 100%. I try to avoid turn ups with boots because I think that is not a great look for shorter people. Maybe if they were Chelsea boots I would have been closer?
    I think the outfit looks good though I'm not sure about the boots being hidden. A pair of short ankle Chelsea boots would look great with that outfit & would negate the need to turn up the jeans. Won't make it 100% Mod, but definitely more rock n'roll - lots of the cool 60s bands like Velvet Underground & The Beatles wore them all the time. I'd associate Chelseas more so with that era than the Mod era but there was a definite transition in styles between the 60s rock scene to beatniks and onto the development of Mod culture.

There's lots really interesting books, films and articles about on Mod culture. Quadraphenia was based very much on the "Scooter boy" style of Mods but there were other styles too, one of which developed into the Skinhead culture. I find it a very interesting part of London history / culture.

Ben Sherman to me would be very much styled in the mode of the Scooter Boy image while Pretty Green has a more diversified range of influences from the 60s onwards.

Trend Setter
    Thanks Gents for the great information! It's highly appreciated, as always.

Trend Setter

Work the other day, monochromatic(ish)

Nat

Style Icon
    Love the texture on that tie.

Fashionisto

+ Reply to Thread