FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 ... Last
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2604

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Cheers chaps.

@Creed mmmmm that is a classy suit. Not normally a fan of pinstripe, but that material is VERY Boardwalk Empire. Love it. I think my next big suit purchase will be a Suit Supply. They seem good value, especially with the alterations. Are they included in the cost? Love the colour of that tie too.

Only slight criticisms - could've been a bit bolder with the ps choice; not a huge fan of those shirt cuffs - would maybe save them for evening wear; and again, the trousers would look better with less break I think. Still, great outfit.

@Malti yeah I know what you're saying. I just thought the oatmeal and burgundy looked really luxurious together. Cheers though.
    Thanks Nat, the alteration prices are on top of the suit price, so the suit was 299 and I spent another 100 on the alterations (taper sleeve, shorten sleeve, taper waist, shorten jacket, cuff the trousers, taper trousers, take in waist. Another alteration centre could easily do this, but I prefer for suit supply to do these as any mistakes are going to be much easier to deal with. The trouser break is actually spot on, they were altered accordingly but it's just the way I'm standing or the way they hit the shoe top!

Trend Setter
    Todays efforts:

V Neck - H&M (Looks a bit baggy in this pic but fits fine)
    Oxford Shirt - Topman
    Skinny Jeans - Topman
    Loafers - Topman
    Watch - Casio
    Gold Ring - ASOS

I also wore a black mac over the top.

^ Nice

Very simple but the fit is spot on. Looks good.

Trend Setter
    What Ivan said.

Trend Setter
    Cheers guys. Really loved what I had on today, felt like a boss haha

Trend Setter
    ^ I love that when going from top to bottom, it's like "OK, looks like he went all heritage/workwear inspired...", and then BAM, you get those awesome Nikes to top it off. Nicely done

Nat

Style Icon
    Dunno man. Don't really get the sneaks here. This would work so much better with a pair of military boots or something. Would be a cracking outfit then.

Did you go for the trainers just to avoid being "obvious"?

Love the knit btw.

It wasn't necessarily as considered as that, I just decided to wear the trainers and then chose the rest around them

I do like to clash between sportswear / heritage so that's where it came from. I guess it is to avoid being "obvious"

Thanks Malti btw

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Dunno man. Don't really get the sneaks here. This would work so much better with a pair of military boots or something. Would be a cracking outfit then.

Did you go for the trainers just to avoid being "obvious"?

Love the knit btw.
    There is a lack of acceptance of trainers around here I find unless they are something like new balance/converse. It all boils down to personal preference but I wouldn't be using the phrase "I don't get it". Wearing a pair or brogues or boots isn't correct just because it is what you think should be done or what you personally do. I think people have pre conceived ideas about fashion and are slow to vary from that. Not hating on you Nat, just my take.

I think they work with this outfit.
    Last edited by happydayz; 03-02-2014 at 09:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread