FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 ... Last
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2870

Style Icon
    @naboo - lovely look, classy and simple. The loafers are fantastic.
    @ivan - it's good to take a risk and be different! Encouraged, even!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    The last few looks are nice!

Today's

Suit - Suit Supply. This is my first suit from them, they sell all of their suits (huge range of sizes and cloths) on the basis that they tweak them to fit, so almost tailor made but not quite. It's difficult to see from the picture as I have a an arm raised, but they are a very good fit once altered, I'd say 90% there to a fully bespoke suit for approx £170 less than I pay now - I'll be using this company more going forwards!
    Tailored Shirt (with cocktail / turn back cuff) - asuitthatfits
    Tie - reiss
    Pocket square - reiss
    Socks - Topman
    Shoes - Cheaney 'Matt'

Immaculate as always. Your suit fits are a great addition to the forum.

Trend Setter
    Cheers Creed.

I like the look Ivan. Took me a couple of goes over it to pull it together but it just works IMO, I like that you didn't go obvious and 'lookbook'.

Style Icon
    Creed - you really go the extra mile to get your looks together & it definitely shows. Wish we had "Smellyvision" though... would love to know what scents go with each outfit!

Naboo - looks good to me.. as Ivan said, simple but spot on.

Ivan - liking the look.. reminds me of Trainspotting (in a good way!).

Style Icon
    @happydayz - thanks very much for your kind comment
    @ Dorian - thanks again! I've got 2 fragrances at the moment - one for sunny days and one for cloudy or rainy days, or wool / tweed suits.I even watch the weather forecast the night before to give myself an idea of what to wear the next day. The sunny one is a coconut / rum / lime / ylang ylang / Tonkin musk / hibiscus / sugar cane mix by Creed which is the stuffy way of saying it smells like a cross between a cocktail and suntan lotion (a nice one though!). Even if it's cold but sunny, I'll usually wear this with a light coloured suit to enact the summer. I basically pretend it's summer even if it's winter. The cloudy scent is a musky one by Tom ford and has violet, dark berries and a dry down of oak moss. When I look at moss it look matte, no sheen, it reflects no colour and barely any light. It's the same for my wool suit, same texture and natural countryside vibe (sheep + moss), therefore today I was wearing tom ford with this suit!!
    Yes, I'm aware I'm a bit odd!

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by happydayz View Post
    I wouldn't be using the phrase "I don't get it". .
    lol that's because you get it. But I don't. I was expressing a personal opinion, which presumably I am free to do. Ivan's got his own style, but not everything he does resonates with me. That's cool. I'm sure he would say the same about me. That's what's good about this forum - different guys, different styles, and we all constructively comment on each other.

Not gonna say I like something if I don't. But yeah, I agree, good to be challenged.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    lol that's because you get it. But I don't. I was expressing a personal opinion, which presumably I am free to do. Ivan's got his own style, but not everything he does resonates with me. That's cool. I'm sure he would say the same about me. That's what's good about this forum - different guys, different styles, and we all constructively comment on each other.

Not gonna say I like something if I don't. But yeah, I agree, good to be challenged.
    I understand where you are coming from and on face value I don't get it is obviously a personal opinion regarding your own preferences.

However on occasion i feel as if the phrase implies more than just that, i.e. as if the person has made a fashion mistake which isn't acceptable. Strangely enough I think "I don't like that" actually is more appropriate. I am definitely reading too much into it and I know Ivan can take the criticism/difference of opinion but for newer member I think comments like that could deter them from wearing that item again.

Anyways never mind my ramblings!

Nat

Style Icon
    Ah I see what you mean. No I mean it in a personal way. Not saying it shouldn't have been done, from some objective pov. Rules are there to be broken and all that.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    ... I always struggle with the lighting in your pics. Makes it difficult to make out the colours.
    you're right, mate. i can blame it on my wife's atelier light, my lumia's camera... or both.
    but i'll try to correct that with some photoshop work.

today's look. it's all about layering!

Last edited by mascherani; 04-02-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Trend Setter
    These are a few days old now, but:

Work:

Suit - Copperfields (they're based on Moorgate)
    Shirt - Paul Costello
    Tie - Hermès
    Socks - Pantherella
    Shoes - Churchs

Play:

Cardigan - Jigsaw
    T-shirt - Lazy Oaf
    Trousers - Jigsaw
    Chelsea boots - Crockett & Jones

I've been meaning to get the waist on those trousers taken in by an inch, but does anyone know what alteration would be needed to take out the slack around the upper inside leg?

+ Reply to Thread