FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 ... Last
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2692

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    I guess I buy too much at Zara, making my collection less versatile Any recommendations for good alternatives?
    I think most people are the same. Sticking to the same brand or brands. My wardrobe is very much Reiss/AW/Uniqlo but I do have a few other key pieces from the likes of Jigsaw, Wolsey and some other Italian brands.

I am actually heading into central london right this second to have a look at the Zara choices, benefits of living in zone 2. So ill let you know if my opinion has changed at all.

Trend Setter
    Am I the only one here who thinks that Zara is over rated and generally sucks? I just went in store this week, most of the pieces felt bad to the touch as the materials were thin, flimsy and very poorly constructed. As for their designs, they're very hit and miss. I like some of their pieces (trousers come to mind), but most of it is pretty much bad fast fashion. I mean just look at another thread on these very forums about a Zara piece-it's like someone decided to throw in 3 jackets into one and tried to pass off that monstrosity as "clothes".

If I was looking at high street retailers, I'd rather spend my money at ASOS own brand or Uniqlo tbh.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by malti001 View Post
    Am I the only one here who thinks that Zara is over rated and generally sucks? I just went in store this week, most of the pieces felt bad to the touch as the materials were thin, flimsy and very poorly constructed. As for their designs, they're very hit and miss. I like some of their pieces (trousers come to mind), but most of it is pretty much bad fast fashion. I mean just look at another thread on these very forums about a Zara piece-it's like someone decided to throw in 3 jackets into one and tried to pass off that monstrosity as "clothes".

If I was looking at high street retailers, I'd rather spend my money at ASOS own brand or Uniqlo tbh.
    I'd say that Zara is similar to ASOS, Topman and River Island from that regard (personally speaking), as I wouldn't be seen dead in 80% of it, I like 10% but it doesn't suit me, and the other 10% I would actually buy and wear. Zara does have a tendency do create some extreme designs it must be said! The labels which I find consistently nice and I like a majority are reiss and uniqlo.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Today's:

I've developed a love for clashing blue and green. I saw a girl wearing a sharp blue dress and green tights and it looked incredible, so I'm going to clash these two more often from now on.

Coat - Merc
    Jumper - reiss
    Scarf - reiss
    Jeans - h&m
    Socks - tabio
    Shoes - reiss

Like this Creed. Very nice overcoat. Is that a silk scarf? I was browsing some in a vintage store the other day, and I liked them, but wasn't sure how well I could incorporate them

Trend Setter
    Ok, back from my little adventure. I have to say it looks better online than in person.
    Quite disappointed to be honest and I wont be making my way back in there any time soon.

I also went into River Island. And it is too street for my liking.
    Topman again is hit and miss for me.

If I was to buy something along those lines, I would probably stick to Asos or Uniqlo.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Like this Creed. Very nice overcoat. Is that a silk scarf? I was browsing some in a vintage store the other day, and I liked them, but wasn't sure how well I could incorporate them
    Hi nat, this scarf is a cotton / linen mix, it doesn't do a huge amount to keep me warm (nor will silk I don't think) so I just use it as a decorative item.

I have just bought a tasseled silk scarf from bosideng who have them reduced from 80 to 24 - not sure myself how will I'll be able to mix this in, but it should look ok with a suit - Men

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    Amazing outfit Mascherani! Love the color combination. What trousers are they?
    thanks mate. the corduroy trousers are a late sales buy in a pull & bear outlet. 6 euros...

today's. football day. let's goooo Sporting CP!!!

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Hi nat, this scarf is a cotton / linen mix, it doesn't do a huge amount to keep me warm (nor will silk I don't think) so I just use it as a decorative item.

I have just bought a tasseled silk scarf from bosideng who have them reduced from 80 to 24 - not sure myself how will I'll be able to mix this in, but it should look ok with a suit - Men
    they look nice. Let me know how you get on with it

Trend Setter
    Todays look.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Todays look.

Amazing double breast! Which brand is the jacket? Not very sure about the button down. What shoes are you wearing with it?

+ Reply to Thread