FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 289 ... Last
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2908

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    The lighting on the long shot doesn't show the outfit off too well Marc, but the close-ups are good. I love the pattern & colour on the trousers - goes well with both the blazer and the doc shoes. I like the cufflinks too - are they Lambretta symbols?
    Yes, that photo was a quick snap at a bar. Looked better in the phone at that moment. I blame champagne.

The cufflinks are from Ben Sherman, with the old RAF roundel as a Mod reference - which indeed Lambretta uses as well.

Style Icon
    Today's:

Tailored Suit - asuitthatfits.com
    Tailored Shirt - rajawongse clothier
    Tie - reiss
    Pocket square - reiss
    Cufflinks - Duchamp
    Socks - primark
    Shoes - Herring 'Chaucer II'

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Today's:

Tailored Suit - asuitthatfits.com
    Tailored Shirt - rajawongse clothier
    Tie - reiss
    Pocket square - reiss
    Cufflinks - Duchamp
    Socks - primark
    Shoes - Herring 'Chaucer II'

question about the trousers for a suit novice - is the turn-up at the bottom the done thing now?

Nat

Style Icon
    Looks great Creed. There's something about turn-ups that works so well with checked suits.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    question about the trousers for a suit novice - is the turn-up at the bottom the done thing now?
    Hi, it's just a personal preference rather than any trend on a suit as such. In fact if anything I think turn ups are regarded as not that trendy on a suit. I've always had turn ups added to my suits just out of habit. I do like the way it adds a bit of weight to the bottom to stop the cuff flapping around as much though!

Nat - many thanks

Nat

Style Icon
    Creed, is asuitthatfits one of these online tailors, where you send them your measurements, or go to a hotel room somewhere to get measured up, then they make it in China, and ship it to you?

How have you found them quality/fit/cost wise? I notice you have a few of them.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Creed, is asuitthatfits one of these online tailors, where you send them your measurements, or go to a hotel room somewhere to get measured up, then they make it in China, and ship it to you?

How have you found them quality/fit/cost wise? I notice you have a few of them.
    Hi Nat, yes they work in this principle, but also have various fixed offices in London which I visit. They offer a one off 'fit guarantee' where they take the measurements for about 40 and it's free tweaking for the life of the suit, or you can take in your own measurements but if they are incorrect you need to pay for the alterations, which are broadly the same as normal alteration centres, quite reasonable. The suits are made in Nepal and they have approx 300 suit fabrics and maybe 60 linings, so a good range which changes quite often. Once the suit arrives, they text you and I then go for a second fitting to tweak perfectly (all included in the price), so the whole process takes about 6-8 weeks.

The price of the suit is dependent on which options are ticked and which cloth range you buy, but most of mine are about 500. I've had so many from them in the past that I get a discount now, and they even have a photo of me in one of their suits on the office wall

Quality wise - 8/10 - very good fit, stitching etc but I have had a few bubble a bit after a few dry clean visits. They have rectified these for me though
    Fit - 10/10 they are very meticulous. My tailor Elizabeth is extreme, she won't let me take a suit unless it's absolutely spot on.
    Cost - 9/10 - good quality materials, I do find that suit supply offer just as good once you've had it altered to fit though, and they are 100 cheaper! But extremely reasonable nevertheless. The suits start at about 300 for entry level, fully created from scratch.

Nat

Style Icon
    Cheers Creed. This is really helpful. I may have a couple of suit purchases coming up in the nearish future, so this is good info. Definitely in the running.

Do you get two pairs of trousers with each suit, or not bother?

Trend Setter
    Cheers Creed. This is really helpful. I may have a couple of suit purchases coming up in the nearish future, so this is good info. Definitely in the running.

Agreed. That place looks good. I have been asked to go to places like this in the past, but I guess it depends how much you will wear a suit or the occasion.
    My work, is dress appropriately, which one day could mean casual and the next smart. Very rarely will an occasion call for a suit though. I mean a pair of trousers and a blazer is not far off.
    So I keep a couple which I have bought in a sale and had modified to my liking, but nothing too high like 500. i would often spend this on pieces instead.
    I still think it is worth definitely owning one bespoke though, so may invest in the future.

oh btw, the suit looks great Creed

Style Icon

Glad to be of help. It's just nice when creating a suit to go a bit wild and have all the personal options and get a signature going for example I always have fabric covered buttons now, it's just a small bit of detail which they are happy to accommodate. I never get the extra trousers, I just wouldn't make use. I almost always keep the blazer on, very rarely take it off so the jacket and trousers tend to weta at the same rate.

To James' point, my tailored suits are more out of necessity due to my short height (5'6") as anything off the peg will always need work done, so I just prefer to create from scratch. But at the same though, it's also a bit of a luxury and personal treat for myself, I'm very proud of them here is the current line up.. Probably too many greys and browns!!

+ Reply to Thread