FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 290 ... Last
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2905

Style Icon
    Holy moley Creed.. you have more suits than I have pairs of socks!

Style Icon
    Nice line up, Creed!

Trend Setter
    just another clean/classic look for another ugly day...

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Glad to be of help. It's just nice when creating a suit to go a bit wild and have all the personal options and get a signature going for example I always have fabric covered buttons now, it's just a small bit of detail which they are happy to accommodate. I never get the extra trousers, I just wouldn't make use. I almost always keep the blazer on, very rarely take it off so the jacket and trousers tend to weta at the same rate.

To James' point, my tailored suits are more out of necessity due to my short height (5'6") as anything off the peg will always need work done, so I just prefer to create from scratch. But at the same though, it's also a bit of a luxury and personal treat for myself, I'm very proud of them here is the current line up.. Probably too many greys and browns!!

Jeez ! I'm impressed but I've got to ask...
    Are you doing some of your own "quantitative easing" or are you related to the Sultan of Brunei?

Seriously though. It looks like they have a good home.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by mascherani View Post
    just another clean/classic look for another ugly day...

Looks good Masch! Where do you get your clothes from in general - I'm just starting to overhaul my work attire & am looking for ideas of places to shop.

Trend Setter
    @Creed not only a nice selection of suits, but a wardrobe where it looks like there is proper room for them, rather than everything being jammed in a bit tight!

I'm 5'6" too and share your pain re off the rack - though I find a Suit Supply Copenhagen normally works OK.

Style Icon
    Cheers guys! Yes Andy, a bit of an extravagance, but I'm boring in many other respects as I don't drink smoke etc so suits are my vice and Alex, yes it's nice to space them out a bit, I have a built in double wardrobe with 2 tiers, and most crucially here, my girlfriend doesn't live with me - if she did she'd take up the entire space just with her shoes and bag collection most likely and my suits would be squashed into a corner!

Trend Setter
    Creed - great selection of suits! This also bears out the Fashionbeans philosophy of investing in quality, timeless items over time to build a capsule wardrobe.

A quick question - where do you get your wooden hangers from and are they wide coat/suit hangers, rather than thinner wooden shirt hangers?

All of my suits are on proper (i.e. broader) suit hangers but they are the black plastic types that are usually provided free with the suit.

I have been looking at investing in some quality wooden suit hangers (not thin wood shirt hangers which I already use for everything else) but struggling to identify the best source. I've looked at the Hanger Store and the Hanger Project.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Textbook View Post
    Creed - great selection of suits! This also bears out the Fashionbeans philosophy of investing in quality, timeless items over time to build a capsule wardrobe.

A quick question - where do you get your wooden hangers from and are they wide coat/suit hangers, rather than thinner wooden shirt hangers?

All of my suits are on proper (i.e. broader) suit hangers but they are the black plastic types that are usually provided free with the suit.

I have been looking at investing in some quality wooden suit hangers (not thin wood shirt hangers which I already use for everything else) but struggling to identify the best source. I've looked at the Hanger Store and the Hanger Project.
    Hi textbook, many thanks, these hanger are all mostly ikea ones - BUMERANG Curved clothes hanger - natural - IKEA , they don't have the fat rounded ends for the shoulders but do the job nicely - and they are very cheap too

Lots of good looks been going on!

Haven't put anything up in a while, so here's a few.

This is the tweed blazer I recently got, post-tailoring. You'll probably notice it's too big in the shoulders, but I'm living with it until I come across something better... and 90+% of people I interact with won't see anything the matter with it.

Anywho...

Last week:

Not sure if people normally do a brown tonal look, but that's what I went for here.
    Tweed Blazer
    Brown Sweater
    Brown/Blue check shirt
    Tan (Beige?) Cords

Yesterday:

Nothing special, just a blue tonal look (yes, I know the jeans are big... but I already blew my budget this month)

Today:

I considered going with a navy tie, but it was a bit smarter than what I was going for.

Tweed Blazer
    Burgundy check shirt
    Red Cardigan
    Brown Cords
    Burgundy Scarf

+ Reply to Thread