FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 ... Last
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2894

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    Looks good Masch! Where do you get your clothes from in general - I'm just starting to overhaul my work attire & am looking for ideas of places to shop.
    hi dorian, most of my clothes have some time by now. i dress like this for the last 15 years. so i tend to be very loyal to "my" shops.

most of my shirts are from Sacoor Brothers (a portuguese brand. i think they have a shop in London also);
    ties (knit, wool and cotton), scarfs and pocket squares are from my own brand. it will be on the market (i hope) later this year;
    trousers from Zara, Massimo Dutti and Levis;
    the cardigans (i use them a lot, as you can see) and v-necks from Sacoor Brothers, Massimo Dutti and even Pull&Bear;
    my outwear from River Woods, Tommy Hilfiger and Massimo Dutti;
    finally the footwear it's almost all custom made in a local factory with the exception of the Sanjo sneakers (a vintage portuguese brand) to which i'm sentimentally attached because i use them since i was 10 years old.

of course i've some pieces from other shops, mainly portuguese and italian, but these are my main suppliers.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by mascherani View Post
    hi dorian, most of my clothes have some time by now. i dress like this for the last 15 years. so i tend to be very loyal to "my" shops.

most of my shirts are from Sacoor Brothers (a portuguese brand. i think they have a shop in London also);
    ties (knit, wool and cotton), scarfs and pocket squares are from my own brand. it will be on the market (i hope) later this year;
    trousers from Zara, Massimo Dutti and Levis;
    the cardigans (i use them a lot, as you can see) and v-necks from Sacoor Brothers, Massimo Dutti and even Pull&Bear;
    my outwear from River Woods, Tommy Hilfiger and Massimo Dutti;
    finally the footwear it's almost all custom made in a local factory with the exception of the Sanjo sneakers (a vintage portuguese brand) to which i'm sentimentally attached because i use them since i was 10 years old.

of course i've some pieces from other shops, mainly portuguese and italian, but these are my main suppliers.
    Cheers for that Masch - very helpful indeed. I don't have any trouble finding casual wear I like but I put feck all effort into work attire - my resolution this year was to address that as a serious project. Seeing some of the looks on this thread - yours included - made me realise how little effort I do actually put into clothes that I spend more time in than I do in my casual clothes...

Actually ordered some work stuff from Zara the other day - I've always liked the fit of their trousers. I was looking at Dutti stuff over Christmas but wasn't too sure of the fit - but if they're anything similar to Zara, they'd be a safe bet for me.

I haven't bought a pair of Levis in over 20 years... might be worth revisiting!

As for the scarves and pocket squares - you have your own brand?!! That's amazing! Will you be selling online or just in retail outlets? You'll have to keep us updated on when it launches - I hope it goes really well for you.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    As for the scarves and pocket squares - you have your own brand?!! That's amazing! Will you be selling online or just in retail outlets? You'll have to keep us updated on when it launches - I hope it goes really well for you.
    ties (we are working on bow ties also), scarfs, pocket squares and maybe socks. online and in some very specific shops. baby steps...
    thanks a lot, mate. we're really going to need that luck!

Style Icon
    @Earendur: I like that heavy blazer. Looks warm, and might even work in Sweden during a not-too-vicious winters day. My preconception is that Michigan has a fairly similar climate to Sweden.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Hi textbook, many thanks, these hanger are all mostly ikea ones - BUMERANG Curved clothes hanger - natural - IKEA , they don't have the fat rounded ends for the shoulders but do the job nicely - and they are very cheap too
    Yeah, they’re the ones I use for shirts and trousers but I think suit jackets need a thicker hanger to keep their shape.

Rusty grey short body shirt with a black jean and white nose shoes.

Fashionisto
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Biology test time!

@Marc Thanks! It's good to hear props from you, since you're one of the top people on this thread who posts things I really like.

I quite like the blazer - it was an eBay find. I was actually a bit surprised at how well it does on its own to keep me warm. It seems to be perfectly adequate on days that are 20 F or warmer (that's about -7 C), and workable on days that are less, depending on how long I'm outside.

I had always thought of Sweden as being colder than MI, but a quick bit of research proved that on average it's not much colder... and our winter has been far from average this year (it's currently 9F/-12C, normal for this time of year is closer to freezing).

Trend Setter
    Today’s work attire:

Blue Double Breasted Suit – Reiss
    Pocket Square – Reiss
    White and Blue Shirt – TM Lewin
    Cufflinks – Hugo Boss
    Watch – Tissot

Shoes – Kurt Geiger

Quote Originally Posted by Textbook View Post
    Today’s work attire:

Blue Double Breasted Suit – Reiss
    Pocket Square – Reiss
    White and Blue Shirt – TM Lewin
    Cufflinks – Hugo Boss
    Watch – Tissot

Shoes – Kurt Geiger

Loving the outfit mate. The suit's a really nice hue.

+ Reply to Thread