Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2975
    DAB

First outfit posted, from Sunday:

Pink Oxford - Next
    Navy Shawl Cardigan - River Island
    Indigo Jeans - Jasper Conran
    Tan Belt
    Beeswax Desert Boots - Clarks

Not much love for the tapered jeans and no socks combo. Guess it's just me then. I only wear socks with formal shoes or boots and I only ever wear black tapered jeans, they're not really drop crotch as such I just wear them low on the hips. Good to hear peoples opinions though.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonGer View Post
    What was today's work look before I chill out tonight...

Shirt and tie - TM Lewin
    Quote Originally Posted by white elephant View Post
    I would go with a plain shirt with that tie - too much going on for me. Good smart look though.
    Nah, it's fine to my eye - the two patterns are enough of a contrast that they don't interfere with each other at all. And because you've got an unpatterned suit, the overall effect is far from garish.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by white elephant View Post
    I would go with a plain shirt with that tie - too much going on for me. Good smart look though.
    Fair call. It's one of those 'I swear it looks better in person' ones - the blue stripes in the shirt are a little more pronounced and the gold in the tie is a little more subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Not much love for the tapered jeans and no socks combo. Guess it's just me then. I only wear socks with formal shoes or boots and I only ever wear black tapered jeans, they're not really drop crotch as such I just wear them low on the hips. Good to hear peoples opinions though.
    I got your back man

Nat

Style Icon
    Tapered jeans with no socks is all good bud. I think if there is an issue (and it's only opinion), it's one of proportions - you're obviously quite a tall guy, but the combination of oversized t-shirt, with very tapered and cropped jeans shortens your legs quite a bit. I think it suits the "look" if you know what I mean, but maybe just something to bear in mind.

Trend Setter

Jacket - H.E. Mango
    T shirt - ASOS
    Chinos (or Greenos) - Uniqlo
    Deck shoes - Barbour
    ...And a strangely placed tennis ball in the background...

Des

Style Icon
    Nope I like it. Just not with winter wear up top. Its like wearing a wool scarf with just a t shirt imo.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    First outfit posted, from Sunday:

Pink Oxford - Next
    Navy Shawl Cardigan - River Island
    Indigo Jeans - Jasper Conran
    Tan Belt
    Beeswax Desert Boots - Clarks

I like all of that except the jeans. I don't know if it's the combination of the navy cardigan and dark jeans or the fit of the jeans, but something doesn't quite look right. I think it's probably the fit of the jeans, they could do with being a bit slimmer. Might be worth seeing if a tailor could adjust them, but otherwise that's a solid look!

DAB

Quote Originally Posted by merc05 View Post
    I like all of that except the jeans. I don't know if it's the combination of the navy cardigan and dark jeans or the fit of the jeans, but something doesn't quite look right. I think it's probably the fit of the jeans, they could do with being a bit slimmer. Might be worth seeing if a tailor could adjust them, but otherwise that's a solid look!
    Thanks for your feedback Merc05, much appreciated.

Struggle with the fit of trousers in general. I have relatively chunky thighs and backside, so find it hard to find trousers that fit well but don't feel like they are sprayed on! Any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread