FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 ... Last
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2872

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    A couple of recent looks:

Where are those camo loafers from Josh they look amazing?!

Style Icon
    Not much love for the tapered jeans and no socks combo. Guess it's just me then. I only wear socks with formal shoes or boots and I only ever wear black tapered jeans, they're not really drop crotch as such I just wear them low on the hips. Good to hear peoples opinions though.
    Personally it wasn't so much the tapered jeans & no socks themselves, just that the top half seemed a bit heavy to pair with them.
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    Thanks for your feedback Merc05, much appreciated.

Struggle with the fit of trousers in general. I have relatively chunky thighs and backside, so find it hard to find trousers that fit well but don't feel like they are sprayed on! Any suggestions?
    You could try the Uniqlo slim fit for jeans, my brother has chunky legs and they seem to fit well on him, or for chinos you could take a look at HE by Mango, their chinos are nice and should fit most leg types. Neither are very expensive either, which is always a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by willjohnfrancis View Post
    Where are those camo loafers from Josh they look amazing?!
    Thanks, they're the safi camo loafers from Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Nope I like it. Just not with winter wear up top. Its like wearing a wool scarf with just a t shirt imo.
    Would probably agree that it would have suited something like a chelsea boot more, I ended up taking it off when I got to work anyway and just having the cotton roll neck on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Tapered jeans with no socks is all good bud. I think if there is an issue (and it's only opinion), it's one of proportions - you're obviously quite a tall guy, but the combination of oversized t-shirt, with very tapered and cropped jeans shortens your legs quite a bit. I think it suits the "look" if you know what I mean, but maybe just something to bear in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep Boy View Post
    Personally it wasn't so much the tapered jeans & no socks themselves, just that the top half seemed a bit heavy to pair with them.
    Just trying the whole over sized on the top skinny on the bottom look. Had some mixed reviews, people on here are wary but people on instagram love it, different audience I guess.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    Thanks for your feedback Merc05, much appreciated.

Struggle with the fit of trousers in general. I have relatively chunky thighs and backside, so find it hard to find trousers that fit well but don't feel like they are sprayed on! Any suggestions?
    I've got the same leg shape, and in combination with being slightly short and a bit rounded at the waist and hips, I've ended up at the conclusion that slim-fitting trousers of any kind are a no-no: or one thing it's rare to find a pair that I can get on without being stupidly baggy on the waist, but even when I have found some that miraculously fit, they really don't do much for my body shape - making me look shorter and crumpled. The more fashion-conscious on this forum won't believe this, but here's what I've found works better:

1: Straight-leg or even (gasp) boot-cut jeans and trousers.
    2: Trousers with a higher rise than most; the kind of low-cut trousers which ride the hips rather than the waist (which is the majority these days) are really unkind to my appearance. A higher rise (which I can hide behind a jumper, say) makes the trousers hang better and give a cleaner line.

So for example, an old-fashioned pair of Levi 501 (straight cut, rise to the waist) look a lot better on me than the 508 (taper cut, rise to the hips).

Heresy I know! But I've really given up on trying to follow the trend and wear clothes that just don't suit me -

Off out to cheak out Zara

http://tinypic.com/r/34g1vmr/8
    Last edited by willjohnfrancis; 03-04-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Fashionisto
    A couple of recent looks:

Have to say loving your work Joshua.. followed on instagram and big fan of your combinations.

Im pretty much the same with a roll up these days, as a larger guy like yourself i just tend to feel more comfortable with the silhouette of the look, especially with a decent pair of loafers. My frustration at the moment is that i cant find a decent tailor local to me.

Big fan of the top look, is that the AA long length tee i see? Ended up getting the grey, black and white and getting alot of wear out of them in similar looks at the moment.. excited to see how they work with shorts.

Where do you get your jeans? I always struggle with them. Ive just come across the 'cropped stretch skinny' range in Topman and grabbed a couple of pairs.. the elastane means there pretty comfortable even though there tight on the thigh.. and you dont need to roll them. obviously not the best quality but certainly worth looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by MDBREWER View Post
    Have to say loving your work Joshua.. followed on instagram and big fan of your combinations.

Im pretty much the same with a roll up these days, as a larger guy like yourself i just tend to feel more comfortable with the silhouette of the look, especially with a decent pair of loafers. My frustration at the moment is that i cant find a decent tailor local to me.

Big fan of the top look, is that the AA long length tee i see? Ended up getting the grey, black and white and getting alot of wear out of them in similar looks at the moment.. excited to see how they work with shorts.

Where do you get your jeans? I always struggle with them. Ive just come across the 'cropped stretch skinny' range in Topman and grabbed a couple of pairs.. the elastane means there pretty comfortable even though there tight on the thigh.. and you dont need to roll them. obviously not the best quality but certainly worth looking at.
    Appreciate the love bro.

I've never actually had anything tailored before, even though we have a dedicated one in-store I could use. But apparently it's pretty easy to create the perfect jeans yourself, see here. I'm actually going to give this a go in the near future if I find the time.

Yeah, I prefer the top look more nowadays. It is indeed the AA long tee, my new favorite for layering. Like yourself I picked it up in all colours as it just works with everything.

These are All Saints gun fit jeans they year a few years back. I realized they were the perfect jeans for me and I think I own 7/8 pairs of them now as I literally don't wear anything else. You can sometimes pick them up on eBay if you know what you're looking for. I've actually been thinking of trying some of the Topman jeans for a while but you've just pursued me to order a couple of pairs.

Joe

http://s93.photobucket.com/user/joec...059gu.jpg.html

Black Aquascutum double breasted trench coat, blue Next? t-shirt, Indigo Edwin Jeans, R&B Suede Desert Boots.
    Last edited by Joe; 04-04-2014 at 01:24 PM.

DAB

Here's today's effort:

Blue Oxford - Next
    Navy cardigan - Uniqlo
    Blazer - New Look
    Chinos - Next
    Boots - Jasper Conran

+ Reply to Thread