FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 ... Last
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2908

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by adben View Post
    Thanks for the input, the jeans actually sit quite low but the photo doesn't show this off. Wouldn't want them much lower myself, hey I am 44......
    It could well be just the belt - those type of plate buckle belts should only be worn with formal trousers though it's debatable whether they should be worn at all. I'd either lose that one altogether and go beltless or opt for a simple buckle one, either in plain leather or woven.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by merc05 View Post
    Yeah I've got to say I agree with the scarf comment. I get that you're trying to add a twist to a classic Riviera look, but I think the beauty of such a look is in it's simplicity and I would have much preferred it without the scarf. It seems like the fit and colour coordination of everything is bang on so I would have let that do the talking.

edit: I love the jeans in particular Creed, are they the skinny fit from Uniqlo? I want to order some myself but the white always seems to be low in stock.
    The scarves are here to stay I'm afraid, they are my trusty sidekick, my collection is building! I usually end up wearing them most days at the moment (even here in Surrey and not when in Malta) but [hopefully] the weather in the uk will warm up soon enough and they will get left at home.

The jeans are the skinny taper - much nicer cut than the standard skinny, which I find a little too lose round the ankles for summer type shoes such as loafers and boat shoes. I absolutely love their jeans cut, for my body shape they are the best I've found so far - and only 35 too!!

Thanks for the input, it may well be the belt as the jeans sit pretty low. I guess the belts are a matter of taste, but I do see your point and understand that it is more a formal type, I just like it though.... Have include pic just for peace of mind, if too high how much lower should they sit, (am having to replace my entire wardrobe as I've lost 2 and a half stone since 1st Jan) and would like to get it right. Appreciate any advice i'm given.

Style Icon
    Thanks for the input, it may well be the belt as the jeans sit pretty low. I guess the belts are a matter of taste, but I do see your point and understand that it is more a formal type, I just like it though.... Have include pic just for peace of mind, if too high how much lower should they sit, (am having to replace my entire wardrobe as I've lost 2 and a half stone since 1st Jan) and would like to get it right. Appreciate any advice i'm given.
    The jeans appear to fit fine - personally I prefer a lower rise waist - but they look miles better without that belt.

That picture reminds me that my chest hair could do with a trim.

Thanks for the advice. The trouble is the more you trim it the thicker and faster it comes back......

Fashionisto
    Creed's scarf saga strikes again............lol. They're obviously you're thing, so you do you.

Being quite a long scarf, it does give off an impression of you being much shorter. It literally powers the rest of you're outfit.

Fashionisto
    Thanks for the advice. The trouble is the more you trim it the thicker and faster it comes back......
    old wives tale. Not true at all

Style Icon
    Generally I like Creeds' scarves but I'd have to go with the consensus on this one - it's definitely too much material. Being that big, it's more of a heavyweight Lawrence of Arabia look than a lightweight Riviera chic look.

I bought a similar sized one from Zara - I was expecting it to be a lightweight scarf as opposed to a blanket - I didn't realise it was so big until it arrived. Loved the pattern, so I cut it in half along the length & sowed it to stop it fraying (well, when I say I did it, I mean that I paid someone to do it for me). It literally halved the amount of material which makes it much more wearable. Also ended up with two scarves, which could be seen as a bonus.

Ha Ha!!

Style Icon
    I think you might have discovered the cure for baldness.

+ Reply to Thread