FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 ... Last
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 3091

1st fit with the new bomber

Multiple angles to show the #rare hemline

Style Icon
    It is a very interesting silhouette, which I think is ruined by that cardigan you have on underneath.
    I would pair it with a t-shirt or a contrast jumper which has a clean line. The cardigan's single breasted, like the jacket, and when it hangs lower it looks clumsy and out of place.

Fair point, appreciate the feedback.

The guy in the shop said that the idea with the jacket is for the item you're wearing underneath to be visible. It did look better with my navy lambswool/cashmere cable knit underneath. I think, being cotton, this particular cardigan maybe has a bit much texture for it to work quite as well.

It's just something I threw on for work so by no means do I think the fit is anything special (never wear my best knitwear to the studio), although I did think it looked good. I wouldn't actually say it looks "clumsy and out of place" though. I'd say it looks like it's been put together with an awareness of the current trend for layering.

Any other opinions on that?

Trend Setter
    I like it IVA. Adds a bit of a difference to the outfit rather than the standard 'clean lines'. The bomber feels quite rugged in appearance so I think the chunky knit fits in with that nicely.

Love the jeans, they All Saints cigs again?

Fashionisto
    Loved the bomber ICA. I think the whole outfit is good as well.

Fashionisto
    Sorry, but I'm with Ben on the way the outfit comes together - on first glance I thought the cardigan and jacket were part of the same piece with a really odd-looking set of stripes.

In terms of showing off what you've got underneath the jacket, maybe it would work better with knitwear in a contrasting colour e.g. something pale? Either that, or use it to show off a nice jeans/belt/shirt combo at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post

1st fit with the new bomber

Multiple angles to show the #rare hemline
    Liking the jacket ICA, very #rare.

Recon the look would be better with black/grey jeans. Nothing really wrong with the cardigan, just would look better all monochrome look.

Trend Setter
    Looks good, Ivan. I wasn't sure at first but I think it's more the photos than anything else. Bending the rules on textures and layering seems to have worked well, the side view photos work best for me, maybe it's the up turned v shape that's created at the bottom of the cardigan that has made it look a little out of place. With a jumper it would probably counteract this issue and not matter so much that it's hanging below the hem of the jacket. Just my personal thoughts though. Solid look overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
    I like it IVA. Adds a bit of a difference to the outfit rather than the standard 'clean lines'. The bomber feels quite rugged in appearance so I think the chunky knit fits in with that nicely.

Love the jeans, they All Saints cigs again?
    Thanks man

Starting to feel vindicated

Jeans are actually by Replay - not something I'd usually go for but stumbled across a store in Ibiza and they fit great, are really comfy and I like the wash

Quote Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
    Loved the bomber ICA. I think the whole outfit is good as well.
    Thanks man. Vindication levels increasing. Almost feeling free of the chains of doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by vincebowdren View Post
    Sorry, but I'm with Ben on the way the outfit comes together - on first glance I thought the cardigan and jacket were part of the same piece with a really odd-looking set of stripes.

In terms of showing off what you've got underneath the jacket, maybe it would work better with knitwear in a contrasting colour e.g. something pale? Either that, or use it to show off a nice jeans/belt/shirt combo at the back.
    Oh man! Back to earth with a bang. The feels :-(

Nah I can see what you mean. Don't think the lighting of the pic helps, but I might avoid this particular combo in future.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Liking the jacket ICA, very #rare.

Recon the look would be better with black/grey jeans. Nothing really wrong with the cardigan, just would look better all monochrome look.
    It is #rare! Yes!

Feeling back on top now. The world is my oyster etc.

Jacket does work well with black jeans tbh, gives it a totally different feel. Rocked it the other day with black tee, black jeans and my Jimmy Choo hi tops and it worked well I thought.

One thing I really like about the jacket is the way it seems to be able to be thrown over virtually any outfit and take on elements of / blend with that style instantly. Think it's something to do with the combination of the coating/wash and the #rare hemline. Really loving it tbh, was unsure about it when I got it home but it's going to be one of those things that I live in for sure.

Thanks for the opinions peeps, I don't mind it being a little divisive - that's the fun of fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Looks good, Ivan. I wasn't sure at first but I think it's more the photos than anything else. Bending the rules on textures and layering seems to have worked well, the side view photos work best for me, maybe it's the up turned v shape that's created at the bottom of the cardigan that has made it look a little out of place. With a jumper it would probably counteract this issue and not matter so much that it's hanging below the hem of the jacket. Just my personal thoughts though. Solid look overall.
    Thanks man. Yeah I think ur right. It's just a cheapie cardigan that I wear to work. Temperature can fluctuate wildly here so I like to have easily removable layers. It def does look better with a shirt or jumper - I'll post another fit soon.
    Last edited by Ivan Condor Aasllani; 24-04-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Style Icon
    Think IVA's outfit looks ok. It's not something I'd wear, but I don't think it looks wrong in any way. If you are after feedback on the outfit overall, I think the colours work albeit it's a bit bland, and feedback on the jacket is that it's a nice twist and could look really interesting with maybe a plain white tee underneath with black jeans. If you like it, nothing else matters

+ Reply to Thread