FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 272 ... Last
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2905
    Des

Style Icon
    Really like it. Can see it with a charcoal jumper and black jeans as I love that combo with brown. Although I can imagine it feeling weird wearing at first as the body isn't used to having a hem that high up.

Here's a couple of my recent looks:

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Here's a couple of my recent looks:

Loving the white and charcoal patterned (jumper?) mate. Where did you get it from?

Style Icon
    @ ICA I think the bomber is awesome. It's refreshing to see a different take on such a classic style.
    I think when you wear it, nothing should hang lower than the front unless it is a long t-shirt and you're opting for that current Hype-Beast craze (which can be a sick look)
    Obviously the back is set higher so your knitwear/shirts will be visible there (normally the case with bombers)

Sick looks as well josh. Those CP's are the dog's.

JEK

Trend Setter
    This is something that has puzzled me for a while... I don't get why some of you guys are wearing skinny jeans. I mean skinny jeans can look good, but IMO only on tall skinny guys with long legs. I think you are very well-dressed apart from this, but the skinny trousers just ruin your proportions - the top gets really "heavy", which I think result in an unbalanced look. I'm genuinly interested in hearing an explanation from you guys who wear them (but aren't tall and lanky). You must obviously like the aesthetics of the look since you wear those skinny jeans all the time.
    Last edited by JEK; 24-04-2014 at 11:19 PM.
    Regards
    Johan

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    This is something that has puzzled me for a while... I don't get why some of you guys are wearing skinny jeans. I mean skinny jeans can look good, but IMO only on tall skinny guys with long legs. I think you are very well-dressed apart from this, but the skinny trousers just ruin your proportions - the top gets really "heavy", which i personally results in an unbalanced look. I'm genuinly interested in hearing an explanation from you guys who wear them (but aren't tall and lanky). You must obviously like the aesthetics of the look since you wear those skinny jeans all the time.
    I actually see it from the opposite angle. I think they look awful on tall, skinny guys because they emphasise how thin and weak they look while they look good on shorter men, especially those who aren't tiny. I personally can't wear them as I don't fit into them, but I think for men with the right style who aren't tall and thin they can look really good, especially for rock star type looks.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Loving the white and charcoal patterned (jumper?) mate. Where did you get it from?
    Looks like a Zara sweat - thinking of getting one myself. Great monochrome look.

Trend Setter
    I wear slim/skinny jeans because I'm short. Wearing straight leg jeans would make my legs look boxy and make me look shorter but jeans fitted to my legs make them look longer. It's quite simple.

They're also more comfortable and I don't want my jeans draped over my shoes.

Skinny jeans just look better imo.

A key part of current fashion is playing with proportions / silhouettes through unusual fits and layering. So while it's not a classic look, that's not really what we're aiming for.

I'm sure that we may look back in the future and wonder what we were doing, but the fact is it's the style of the time and I'm not going to choose boring clothes now just so I can look back in ten years and find it inoffensive. I love seeing photos of my parents / uncles / aunties in all their massive flares and big hair. How cool they must have been, and how dedicated to fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
    They're also more comfortable and I don't want my jeans draped over my shoes.
    And also this

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Thanks, it's a sweatshirt from Zara.

Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    This is something that has puzzled me for a while... I don't get why some of you guys are wearing skinny jeans. I mean skinny jeans can look good, but IMO only on tall skinny guys with long legs. I think you are very well-dressed apart from this, but the skinny trousers just ruin your proportions - the top gets really "heavy", which I think result in an unbalanced look. I'm genuinly interested in hearing an explanation from you guys who wear them (but aren't tall and lanky). You must obviously like the aesthetics of the look since you wear those skinny jeans all the time.
    I wouldn't really class the jeans I wear as skinny. They're tapered at the bottom and have more room in the thighs etc, which is perfect for me as I used to play rugby so have thick thighs. The 'heavy' on top look is just something I like and I think looks right on me. I really dislike people that look 50/50, to me it just looks plain wrong. I'm 6 foot 4" and have a longer upper body compared to my legs so would say I'm a 60/40 and dress to suit that fact, as in I wear my jeans low on my hips and my tees longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    I actually see it from the opposite angle. I think they look awful on tall, skinny guys because they emphasise how thin and weak they look while they look good on shorter men, especially those who aren't tiny. I personally can't wear them as I don't fit into them, but I think for men with the right style who aren't tall and thin they can look really good, especially for rock star type looks.
    I completely agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Skinny jeans just look better imo.

A key part of current fashion is playing with proportions / silhouettes through unusual fits and layering. So while it's not a classic look, that's not really what we're aiming for.

I'm sure that we may look back in the future and wonder what we were doing, but the fact is it's the style of the time and I'm not going to choose boring clothes now just so I can look back in ten years and find it inoffensive. I love seeing photos of my parents / uncles / aunties in all their massive flares and big hair. How cool they must have been, and how dedicated to fashion.
    And this.

+ Reply to Thread