FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 ... Last
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2866
    Des

Trend Setter
    @Earendur I'm feeling a little under-dressed now. I quite like the top half

Quote Originally Posted by Earendur View Post
    I have a friend's wedding in two weeks, it's outdoors with a dress code of "semiformal or dressy casual"
    The shoes have stepped way over to the casual side though.

Hey, I appreciate the opinions. This doesn't come naturally for me, and I'm still learning. You guys point out as painfully obvious stuff I might be inclined to overlook (or totally miss).

The shoes... yeah. I had a feeling that was likely to top the list. My question is, what sort of shoes would be good? A pair of oxblood brogues are on my "list," but I want to be well-informed and get a really nice pair, try on a bunch to make sure I like what I'm getting, so I'm not sure I'm ready to do that yet.
    Do you think loafers are too casual? I've been looking to get a pair of those too, but I don't feel the need to spend as much on them.

I'll look into the shirt and trousers (yeah, I agree they're too baggy)....

While the shoulders might be the slightest bit wide on the blazer, overall I'm still pretty good with it. I'm more comfortable with/aiming for classic style rather than the really fashion-forward (short/tight) blazers anyway. (Besides, things are a bit different in the US too.)

I am curious about shoe suggestions though.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Before it pisses down again..

Sunspel
    Nudie
    Nike
    (North Face Backpack)
    What nudies fit are they mate? great fit!

Style Icon
    Hey, I appreciate the opinions. This doesn't come naturally for me, and I'm still learning. You guys point out as painfully obvious stuff I might be inclined to overlook (or totally miss).

The shoes... yeah. I had a feeling that was likely to top the list. My question is, what sort of shoes would be good? A pair of oxblood brogues are on my "list," but I want to be well-informed and get a really nice pair, try on a bunch to make sure I like what I'm getting, so I'm not sure I'm ready to do that yet.
    Do you think loafers are too casual? I've been looking to get a pair of those too, but I don't feel the need to spend as much on them.

I'll look into the shirt and trousers (yeah, I agree they're too baggy)....

While the shoulders might be the slightest bit wide on the blazer, overall I'm still pretty good with it. I'm more comfortable with/aiming for classic style rather than the really fashion-forward (short/tight) blazers anyway. (Besides, things are a bit different in the US too.)

I am curious about shoe suggestions though.
    You can't go too far wrong with Oxblood brogues. They'd go well with that outfit - once you sort the trousers out!

I don't think loafers would be too casual, but I think they only look good if you have slim fit trousers and go sockless.

Once you've the bottom half sorted, the blazer might look a bit better. But for God sake man, get rid of those hideous shoes - they look like something you'd leave out in the shed for when you're digging the garden!

Alright lads I've been lurking here for a while bit decided I may as well get involved!

[IMG][/IMG]

Shirt Rl
    Sweatshirts uniqlo
    Jeans Acne
    Trainers NB

What do you lads think about the fit of the sweat I had my heart set on a sunspel one by even second hand on eBay they were going for around 60 which as a student is a bit out oft price range.

Also des where can i find a pair of those sneaks so sick! And am I being a complete nonce or is the only way to upload photos on here my using a URL? Seems quite dated

MrC

What do you guys think of this? Sorry picture sucks!

Schott NYC jacket
    Uniqlo Oxford shirt
    Uniqlo belt
    Nudie Grim tim jeans
    Last edited by MrC; 23-05-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jblack View Post
    What nudies fit are they mate? great fit!
    cheers. They're the Long Johns but I sized up one. Feels like theres more elastic than any others I've had so could have actually got away with 4-5 sizes down but I don't have the legs for skin tight.

Trend Setter
    Not exactly what I'm wearing today but....

I have a friend's wedding in two weeks, it's outdoors with a dress code of "semiformal or dressy casual"

This is what I came up with from what I have (trying to avoid the black suit).

What do you think? I have two weeks to make changes or purchases, but a fairly limited budget.
    I think it looks solid other than the trousers. I like the colour but think you need to get them tapered as there's too much loose material around the calves. I'd also consider some more summery shoes, maybe some derbies or brogues, maybe even sockless if the weather is good (goes well with tapered trousers as they're easy to roll and stay in position).

Trend Setter
    I really like that MrC!!! Clean-cut yet rugged at the same time. Seems very American-inspired.

Des - Fire

Albert - Welcome to the boards. Nice clean look.

This was me y/day -

+ Reply to Thread