FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 ... Last
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 2986

Fashionisto
    To be fair it's a completely different kind of "fashion" to what we're used to here.
    There are obviously disparities in opinion between us, but what we have here is a group of guys who all share a v. similar philosophy towards clothes, and I think we all learn from and adopt things from each other and it shows with the looks regularly posted.

This forum's norm is so much more conservative than JadeManalac. The above look is not to my tastes either tbh but think this thread was screeaming out for a member like this. Shaking shit up a little bit. Solid addition - keep 'em coming, JM mate!

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeManalac View Post
    Feeling experimental today... here's what wore today.

Cap: Kenzo x New Era (because I have a messy hair and in need of haircut ASAP LOL)
    Tshirt: Givenchy
    Lanyard: Givenchy
    Kilt: Givenchy
    Jeans: ZARA
    Boot: Dr. Martens
    Bag: Givenchy
    I like this - it's very reminiscent of the fashion 1970s British punk scene, albeit a modern day haute couture version.

It may well be fashion - as opposed to style - but it's a fashion that's been around longer than Kanye West has!

Fashionisto
    That escalated quickly. LOL *literally*
    I did not expect that what I wore would create this kind of discussion to extent Fashion vs. Style.
    Likewise what I posted before on "Introduce yourself" thread that I am obsessed with Givenchy thus the Givenchy ensemble.
    As you can see I'm not your traditional suit and tie kind of guy (I think I would never be like that) with that said I have my own style (I like it and confident with my own style) and I'm not opting to be Kanye West Wannabe or anywho wannabe.
    I use fashion to express myself... my individuality. To think about it fashion is not to blend in to the crowd is to be different and stand out rght?
    Nonetheless I am very happy to read all your comments and post about my outfit, its very interesting.

Remember guys there's plenty of ways to cook an egg *wink wink* hahahaha
    It just an outfit, have fun "Why so serious?" Hahaha
    I joined this forum because when I was signing up for this I thought this community is for FASHION FORWARD GUYS.
    If you ask me I won't change a thing with my outfit because that is who I am.
    I won't be compromising my own style just because someone say so.
    Again I like and I'm confident of my own style.
    Last edited by JadeManalac; 30-06-2014 at 04:11 AM.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I thought this look wouldn't get much love on this forum . For me, it's a good high fashion look, but I would ditch the fire print skirt and opt for a more muted black or leather one ala Kanye circa Watch The Throne.
    The black leather Givenchy kilt command around $2000+ i'm not that crazy rich to splurge on it. PlusI can't imagine myself sitting on a $2000+ kilt. LOL

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
    I think it's cool. It's his own style, sure it's a lot and a more toned down tee would work better with the kilt but it's nice to see someone posting original outfits doing their own thing rather than the standard tailored, sartorial look.

I wore a shirt round my waist today that doesn't look too dissimilar from a 'skirt' layered with a long length tee and a biker, I like the whole mixture of layers, lengths and textures.
    To tell you the truth I'm not very good at styling myself in satorialist or dapper way. I've decided to post my outfit because I just like to share my own sense of style.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    Mate, no offence, but that looks horrendous. Ditch the kilt and it would look so much better. In fact, I would just ditch the outdated Givenchy pieces. If you want to invest in the brand, maybe opt out of their fashion forward lines because the majority of them have no longevity.

Just my 2p. The shoes and the jeans and the t-shirt look sick.
    Its cool its your opinion and I respect that.
    Question though... What is fashion forward for you? I think you are confusing classic look to fashion forward look.
    Imo Fashion Forward is pushing the limit of fashion to the extreme and Riccardo Tisci definitely do this for Givenchy very well. I do have few suits and blazer in my wardrobe from H&M to Burberry but I won't wear that for Sunday shopping. I work as a nurse so basically 5-6 days a week I'm in my scrub suit so it be silly for my life style to invest on blazer and jacket or suits. Also because of the nature of my work I much preffered to play and have fun of my clothing than confined myself to another satorialist look. Call it ego, confidence or just plain crazy but life is too short to pleased everyone just F**K IT and ROCK IT right hahahaha
    Last edited by JadeManalac; 30-06-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Fashionisto

Thank YoU

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I like this - it's very reminiscent of the fashion 1970s British punk scene, albeit a modern day haute couture version.

It may well be fashion - as opposed to style - but it's a fashion that's been around longer than Kanye West has!
    Quote Originally Posted by Acoustic1 View Post
    To be fair it's a completely different kind of "fashion" to what we're used to here.
    There are obviously disparities in opinion between us, but what we have here is a group of guys who all share a v. similar philosophy towards clothes, and I think we all learn from and adopt things from each other and it shows with the looks regularly posted.

This forum's norm is so much more conservative than JadeManalac. The above look is not to my tastes either tbh but think this thread was screeaming out for a member like this. Shaking shit up a little bit. Solid addition - keep 'em coming, JM mate!
    Thank you guys
    I wore this outfit obviously not to be discreet, its GIVENCHY for crying out loud. Hahaha There is no way Givenchy is going for a discreet style. Though I have to say I don't go out the house everyday looking like this hahaha I'm just a normal guy that like to mix it up every once in a while.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeManalac View Post
    That escalated quickly. LOL *literally*
    I did not expect that what I wore would create this kind of discussion to extent Fashion vs. Style.
    Likewise what I posted before on "Introduce yourself" thread that I am obsessed with Givenchy thus the Givenchy ensemble.
    As you can see I'm not your traditional suit and tie kind of guy (I think I would never be like that) with that said I have my own style (I like it and confident with my own style) and I'm not opting to be Kanye West Wannabe or anywho wannabe.
    I use fashion to express myself... my individuality. To think about it fashion is not to blend in to the crowd is to be different and stand out rght?
    Nonetheless I am very happy to read all your comments and post about my outfit, its very interesting.

Remember guys there's plenty of ways to cook an egg *wink wink* hahahaha
    It just an outfit, have fun "Why so serious?" Hahaha
    I joined this forum because when I was signing up for this I thought this community is for FASHION FORWARD GUYS.
    If you ask me I won't change a thing with my outfit because that is who I am.
    I won't be compromising my own style just because someone say so.
    Again I like and I'm confident of my own style.
    I think you are looking into it too deeply, it's just people's opinions. I've had people tell me my pocket square sticks out too much, it's really not a personal attack against you or a criticism as such, it's just people's opinion and nothing more! You can wear what you like, that's the great thing about fashion.

Trend Setter
    Round where I live this is what dudes wear to the shops to buy a pint of milk keep doing what you do bro, it's different to the norm but who cares.

Also important for others to remember that because there's been a slight development of 'norm' on this forum that it's still pretty easy to experiment and look great with the clothes you have in your wardrobe/on the high street.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    I think you are looking into it too deeply, it's just people's opinions. I've had people tell me my pocket square sticks out too much, it's really not a personal attack against you or a criticism as such, it's just people's opinion and nothing more! You can wear what you like, that's the great thing about fashion.
    I'm actually laughing while reading few comments because really I did not expect stir any discussion. What I state above is just about my concept of my personal style. I really value and respect everyones opinions. If I came across like defending myself my sincere apologies there is no way I feel attacked.

P.S.
    I'm just very passionate and loyal for Givenchy and Riccardo Tisci hehehe
    To think of it I am also a die hard fans of Nicholas Ghesquiere while he is in Balenciaga and Saint Laurent's Hedi Slimane.
    I like premium designer stuff hehehe that could be consider good and bad hahaha
    Last edited by JadeManalac; 30-06-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Not trying to be harsh but it's not really "your" personal style is it? It's basically just throwing on a load of Givenchy. It's definitely flamboyant, but there's nothing unique or personal about dressing like a Givenchy mannequin.

It's one of the most recognisable aesthetics in fashion at the moment, and in all honesty I think it's something that even the boldest Tisci aficionados would concede has definitely peaked quite a while ago now.

I respect that you're doing your thing and appreciate something a little different being posted on the forum, but I can't help feeling that this look is a bit cliched now and lacks substance. It's just not aesthetically pleasing with that skirt and I also don't see how it's pushing any boundaries by this point, so what's left over is pretty unappealing to me.

I hope you didn't buy it all! Givenchy is so overpriced. Premium designer money could be spent so much better than this.

+ Reply to Thread