FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 ... Last
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2793

It's a bit too StyleForum for me.

Fashionisto
    Well, something completely different than the Givenchy one before, but here's my todays outfit:

Jacket: Asos
    T-Shirt: H&M
    Jeans: Asos
    Shoes: Converse All Stars
    Watch: Michael Kors
    Bracelets: some River Island & some Asos

Trend Setter
    Looks good Robert, simple but classic.

Back to the hot topic briefly - this forum (and the main FB website) are focused on style as opposed to fashion. That's the reason for the reaction, but as I said before if that IS your style then power to you. On another note, t-shirts with scantily clad birds on them are ten a penny in the UK these days and are a total style faux pas. If that's the style you want to rock, shelling out on Givenchy maybe isn't the best way to go.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Not trying to be harsh but it's not really "your" personal style is it? It's basically just throwing on a load of Givenchy. It's definitely flamboyant, but there's nothing unique or personal about dressing like a Givenchy mannequin.

It's one of the most recognisable aesthetics in fashion at the moment, and in all honesty I think it's something that even the boldest Tisci aficionados would concede has definitely peaked quite a while ago now.

I respect that you're doing your thing and appreciate something a little different being posted on the forum, but I can't help feeling that this look is a bit cliched now and lacks substance. It's just not aesthetically pleasing with that skirt and I also don't see how it's pushing any boundaries by this point, so what's left over is pretty unappealing to me.

I hope you didn't buy it all! Givenchy is so overpriced. Premium designer money could be spent so much better than this.
    Oh boy, if the day comes that I can buy and afford all Givenchy stuff that will be my most glorious day. LOL
    Every season always try to get at least one or two piece of each collection since Spring Summer of 2012. During that course, I have accumulated clothing, bags, jewelries, scarfs and iphone cases (yes! I am that crazy) and actually I love get a pair shoes one day.

I feel very sad of what you've said:

"Not trying to be harsh but it's not really "your" personal style is it? It's basically just throwing on a load of Givenchy. It's definitely flamboyant, but there's nothing unique or personal about dressing like a Givenchy mannequin."

My style might be consist majority of Givenchy (well at least for my recent look) pieces and definitely different from everyone here but this is what inspire me and I won't be apologizing because of that.

Opinion is one thing but to question my own life style is another.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeManalac View Post
    Oh boy, if the day comes that I can buy and afford all Givenchy stuff that will be my most glorious day. LOL
    Every season always try to get at least one or two piece of each collection since Spring Summer of 2012. During that course, I have accumulated clothing, bags, jewelries, scarfs and iphone cases (yes! I am that crazy) and actually I love get a pair shoes one day.

I feel very sad of what you've said:

"Not trying to be harsh but it's not really "your" personal style is it? It's basically just throwing on a load of Givenchy. It's definitely flamboyant, but there's nothing unique or personal about dressing like a Givenchy mannequin."

My style might be consist majority of Givenchy (well at least for my recent look) pieces and definitely different from everyone here but this is what inspire me and I won't be apologizing because of that.

Opinion is one thing but to question my own life style is another.
    Just keep doing what you are doing. It didn't seem at all like Ivan was challenging your lifestyle at all, just your clothing choice, they are completely separate. The thing about designer such as this, is that the minute you focus on the label brand rather than the actual item of clothing, it becomes more about labels that in does about fashion. It might be that givenchy just happens to create clothes that you like, but when talking purely about brands in this way it does appear that you are missing the overall concept of being an individual. If that givenchy item was 3.99 at primark, would you buy it?

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Just keep doing what you are doing. It didn't seem at all like Ivan was challenging your lifestyle at all, just your clothing choice, they are completely separate. The thing about designer such as this, is that the minute you focus on the label brand rather than the actual item of clothing, it becomes more about labels that in does about fashion. It might be that givenchy just happens to create clothes that you like, but when talking purely about brands in this way it does appear that you are missing the overall concept of being an individual. If that givenchy item was 3.99 at primark, would you buy it?
    Honestly, I still prefer Givenchy.

Trend Setter
    I actually rated the look but you do have a slightly strange obsession with givenchy.

If they made a black bin liner covered in dog shit I imagine you'd still wear it.

Fashionisto
    Thank you guys. Sorry for causing any flames on this thread but I'm not sorry for being me.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeManalac View Post
    Thank you guys. Sorry for causing any flames on this thread but I'm not sorry for being me.
    No one is asking you to be buddy. Healthy debate, that's all. Do your thing.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by robertnl View Post
    Jacket: Asos
    T-Shirt: H&M
    Jeans: Asos
    Shoes: Converse All Stars
    Watch: Michael Kors
    Bracelets: some River Island & some Asos
    How would you rate the ASOS bomber?

+ Reply to Thread