FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 ... Last
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2992
    Nat

Style Icon
    Just bought a pair of MD loafers myself. Pretty happy with them. They look good, and seem fairly decent quality. Certainly worth the 60 sale price.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I've never bought anything from Dutti. I like the look of their stuff though - a lot of it would be very suitable for work wear for me.

Would I be right in presuming that the fits / sizings are similar to Zara? I suppose the quality would also be fairly similar?
    Massimo Dutti are Inditex’s higher-end offering and, as such, the quality is significantly higher than Zara’s (and the price points reflect that).

For example, you’ll see a Zara shirt retail at around 30 whereas a Massimo shirt will retail at around 55.

The quality is definitely high-end high-street – possibly a touch just below Reiss.

In my opinion, there are several differences between Massimo and Zara.

Zara is a younger brand which is all about low-cost interpretations of high-fashion trends. Dutti is aimed at a more mature look (and age range) and is very “Riviera” in its styling.

I find Zara uses very cheap materials (lots of synthetics etc.) and items are often poorly constructed. Dutti use higher quality fabrics (natural materials, wool rather than acrylic and better cottons etc.) and their items are constructed to much higher standards.

Style Icon

I'm loving this shirt! It adds something extra to any basic outfit. (And I need a haircut.)

Shirt: Asos
    Trousers: H&M
    Shoes and bag: Fred Perry

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post

I'm loving this shirt! It adds something extra to any basic outfit. (And I need a haircut.)

Shirt: Asos
    Trousers: H&M
    Shoes and bag: Fred Perry
    That shirt is pretty cool all right. Loving the quiff - there's a touch of 90s indie pop band to it.

Your face is totally different from what I imagined you looked like. For some reason (maybe it's your avatar) I pictured you as an older looking dude with black, greying hair. I also thought you were an Englishman living abroad (until I read the languages thread). Turns out that you're blonde, Swedish and quite youthful looking!

Style Icon
    Your face is totally different from what I imagined you looked like.
    Hah! I guess it's nice to be able to bring some mystique in this age of show all/tell all. I normally don't bother to show face, as my mug is irrelevant to the outfit in most cases. (Also I'm no good at posing.) This time however I felt the shades were a big part of the look.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    Hah! I guess it's nice to be able to bring some mystique in this age of show all/tell all. I normally don't bother to show face, as my mug is irrelevant to the outfit in most cases. (Also I'm no good at posing.) This time however I felt the shades were a big part of the look.
    I was quite reticent at first about posting pics with my mug in them but as I wear hats a lot, I included the mug in one photo as it made more sense visually to keep it in. I can see why a lot of people would hesitate about doing this, but I just thought, "fuck it".. life's too short to be worrying about things like that.

Creed's observation in the last challenge voting poll was interesting when he said " I wonder if the outfits we all post would look any 'different' if we could all see what each other looks like?! "- I think he has a point there - in your case, your clothes seem to suit you more (in my head at least!) now that I know you don't look old, grey and English!

And as for this fella...

For some reason, I thought he'd have a bit of a Liam Gallagher look to him, but instead he's got a slight air of a young Billy Bragg (that's a good thing btw - Bragg looks like an intelligent, affable guy).

Cool photo too - the bomber & tee look great. Digging the groovy glasses. The couple in the back look like some extras from a Mike Leigh film.

Trend Setter
    Kudos on rocking the funky shades-not a lot of people could pull that off. Deets on the bomber?

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    That whole scene feels severely German.

Creed's observation in the last challenge voting poll was interesting when he said " I wonder if the outfits we all post would look any 'different' if we could all see what each other looks like?! "- I think he has a point there
    There's absolutely a point to it - the face that goes with the outfit will have an impact on the whole look. And when there's a hat, or specs/shades, or a mustache, or whatever that adds to the look, by all means show it! I don't mind faces in look pics, but not showing your face has the advantage of removing you from the look. The pictures becomes about the outfit, and not about the wearer. I dislike our current ego indulging selfie culture. Guys with a knit brow and a smug smile. Girls with pouting lips and a hint of boob. And what does it say about a person, when nine out of ten pictures on their instagram account is of thelmselves, or rather of their face? I'm not sure what it says, but I find it tiresome.

Sorry about the rant there. Anyway, yes, I think the fact that I look pretty youthful is an added contrast to my cardigan + shirt + wool tie wearing nature.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Is that you Ivan?? Weird how you get a mental picture of people... I thought you would have dark hair, and in my head you looked vaguely like Danny Dyer.....

+ Reply to Thread