FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 187 237 277 285 286 287
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 2870

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    I know there's not much love for the casual waistcoat on here, but I used a tweed one today for layering purposes (ie I didn't take my shawl neck off at all) and I think it worked alright. Went with a collarless shirt for more of a workwear thing (without going full on flat cap).

[IMG][/IMG]
    I think the waistcoat looks good. Not entirely sure about the cardigan with that fit, but the rest of it works really well - especially with the collarless shirt. The chukkas are amazing.

(I have the same pair!)

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I think the waistcoat looks good. Not entirely sure about the cardigan with that fit, but the rest of it works really well - especially with the collarless shirt. The chukkas are amazing.

(I have the same pair!)
    Cheers. What is it about the cardigan that isn't working? You think a jacket would be better?

Fashionisto
    Cheers. What is it about the cardigan that isn't working? You think a jacket would be better?
    I like the cardigan! The whole outfit looks great!

Style Icon
    Yeah, I think a jacket would work better. There's nothing wrong with the shawl - but to me - it's incongruous with the "worker" look

Trend Setter
    I think it works quite well with the cardigan, and makes it a semi-formal affaire. I like it!

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah, I think a jacket would work better. There's nothing wrong with the shawl - but to me - it's incongruous with the "worker" look
    What if I renamed it "grandpa chic"...? Yeah I think a jacket would look good (in fact that's how I would normally wear it), but just wanted to try something a bit different. Cheers for the feedback though bud.

@Onemanarmy and Anagni - thanks lads.

Must give that a shot.. would never have thought of trying it. Cheers!
    I can't recommend it enough, the jeans look amazing now. I had them on in the fit pic with my belstaff the other day.

I know there's not much love for the casual waistcoat on here, but I used a tweed one today for layering purposes (ie I didn't take my shawl neck off at all) and I think it worked alright. Went with a collarless shirt for more of a workwear thing (without going full on flat cap).

[IMG][/IMG]
    This looks great. I hate casual waistcoats, but I think we all know that no-one is contemplating anything as nuanced as this when they come up in discussion.

This is the type of shit we expect to see

Nat

Style Icon
    Cheers ICA. I wasn't expecting much love from you for this look, so that means a lot.

Trend Setter
    Cor' blimey, guvna. You could do with some soot on your face to complete the look

Nah, it looks ace as is, but if you're trying to steer away from being too Grandpa Chic, then I would lose one of the shawl or waistcoat or just wear a collared shirt with it all.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    I can't recommend it enough, the jeans look amazing now. I had them on in the fit pic with my belstaff the other day.

I bought some dye at the weekend - will give it a shot tomorrow. In the meantime, my new cigs arrived. Impossible to send 'em back now.. they're so new.

+ Reply to Thread