FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... Last
Results 731 to 740 of 2996
  1. #731

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3
    Offline
    Thanks for your feedback.

    Do you know what? I thought the exact same thing... but I can't put my finger on it. What looks odd about the sleeve roll? How would you suggest I do it?

  2. #732
    JEK

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    206
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    Thanks for your feedback.

    Do you know what? I thought the exact same thing... but I can't put my finger on it. What looks odd about the sleeve roll? How would you suggest I do it?
    Did you roll them inwards? I roll my sleeves outwards, 2 or 3 times the length of the cuff.
    Regards
    Johan

  3. #733

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    139
    Offline


    Topman trousers
    White shirt
    Burgundy spot tie
    Tan double monks
    Trashness bracelet
    Weave belt

  4. #734
    Nat

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    927
    Offline
    Solid look Aneres. I particularly like the weave belt - introduces a little something different and more summery into the outfit. The sunnies look good too.

    If I'm being picky, it would be around the length of the tie - the thinner end is visibly longer than the thicker end, but that is picky!

  5. #735

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    139
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Solid look Aneres. I particularly like the weave belt - introduces a little something different and more summery into the outfit. The sunnies look good too.

    If I'm being picky, it would be around the length of the tie - the thinner end is visibly longer than the thicker end, but that is picky!
    It's not like you to be picky Nat... Haha I kid.

    And it's true - I adjusted that soon as I got to work and uploaded the pic as I was (yet again) in such a rush!
    I really need to get up 10 minutes earlier...!

  6. #736
    Nat

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    927
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneres11 View Post
    It's not like you to be picky Nat... Haha I kid.

    And it's true - I adjusted that soon as I got to work and uploaded the pic as I was (yet again) in such a rush!
    I really need to get up 10 minutes earlier...!
    Lol it's all constructive though! And I've posted some of myself recently, so no complaining!

  7. #737
    JEK

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    206
    Offline
    Regards
    Johan

  8. #738

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    44
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneres11 View Post


    Topman trousers
    White shirt
    Burgundy spot tie
    Tan double monks
    Trashness bracelet
    Weave belt
    Loving your look Aneres - simple but effective. A white shirt always looks good. As Nat said the only fault is the length of the tie!

  9. #739

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    139
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Walker View Post
    Loving your look Aneres - simple but effective. A white shirt always looks good. As Nat said the only fault is the length of the tie!
    Thanks.

    Don't think I'd class the tie thing as a 'fault' though personally. It wasnt intentional, but a fashion beans article posted a while back pointed to that fact that it is more than acceptable to have the slimmer part of the tie longer than the wider part.

    Like I say, I adjusted mine - but by no means do I think if I'd have kept as it was would it be a fashion error.

    Still thanks for the comments!

  10. #740
    William Colman's Avatar

    FashionBeans Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    639
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneres11 View Post
    Thanks.

    Don't think I'd class the tie thing as a 'fault' though personally. It wasnt intentional, but a fashion beans article posted a while back pointed to that fact that it is more than acceptable to have the slimmer part of the tie longer than the wider part.

    Like I say, I adjusted mine - but by no means do I think if I'd have kept as it was would it be a fashion error.

    Still thanks for the comments!
    The thinner end can be longer so long as the tie is knotted in such a way as to make it sit askew. It shouldn't be straight up and down but twisted to the side etc so that it looks artfully disheveled.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts