FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... Last
Results 771 to 780 of 2793
  1. #771
    MarcLager's Avatar

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    640
    Offline
    Still on holiday. Still in casual mode.


  2. #772
    JEK

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    197
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    Ah, I see what you mean. I'd turn it around, though. Yes, jeans can be worn with a bit more break (i.e. you get away with more break) than chinos, but in my opinion you're still fine with it being chino length. Especially when as slim as yours are.

    I'm below average in height, so I always try to avoid excess cloth piling up around my ankles.
    Good point. I'm above in average height with very long legs, so I easily get this feeling that my trousers are too short.

    That's a good look btw. I like the colour of those chinos.
    Last edited by JEK; 24-07-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    Regards
    Johan

  3. #773

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Offline
    Today is:

    Grey trousers
    White shirt
    Silver collar bar
    Tartan style tie
    Navy thin cardigan
    Tan double monks







    Shoes not fastened - did that when I got to work! Another mad rush morning ha.
    Last edited by Aneres11; 25-07-2013 at 08:18 AM.

  4. #774
    JEK

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    197
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneres11 View Post
    Today is:

    Grey trousers
    White shirt
    Silver collar bar
    Tartan style tie
    Navy thin cardigan
    Tan double monks







    Shoes not fastened - did that when I got to work! Another mad rush morning ha.
    Have you considered, old-fashioned high-rise trousers, Aneres? I think they might look really good on you, since you legs are relatively short compared to your torso. I also think that a wider collar migth suit you. Just some thoughts....
    Regards
    Johan

  5. #775

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Offline
    Lol no I hadn't considered them.

    It's difficult enough to find trousers to fit what with having a 28 waist at the best of times.
    But maybe I should look into that as it's not the first time that's been mentioned.

    The collar is also like that because of the collar bar - hence why I chose a skinnier tie.

    I'd love to shop in all the places that offer these wonderful alternatives, but seeing as most fashion outlets think mens chests start at 36 and waists at 30, it's a little difficult.

    Thanks for the comments though.

  6. #776
    JEK

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    197
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneres11 View Post
    Lol no I hadn't considered them.

    It's difficult enough to find trousers to fit what with having a 28 waist at the best of times.
    But maybe I should look into that as it's not the first time that's been mentioned.

    The collar is also like that because of the collar bar - hence why I chose a skinnier tie.

    I'd love to shop in all the places that offer these wonderful alternatives, but seeing as most fashion outlets think mens chests start at 36 and waists at 30, it's a little difficult.

    Thanks for the comments though.
    Yeah, it seems like the designers haven't realized that people don't come in a standard sizes. The different collections should be made according to body types; tall and lanky, gorilla arms, short legs, average beer belly, xl beer belly and so on..
    Regards
    Johan

  7. #777
    MarcLager's Avatar

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    640
    Offline
    Off for a pint with a friend, then on to a football game.


  8. #778
    K9MT's Avatar

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    194
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneres11 View Post

    Shoes not fastened - did that when I got to work! Another mad rush morning ha.


    Great outfit.
    I really need to start making an effort at work as it is the place I find hard to put in some individual style (minus my orange Reiss briefcase); but now I've been there a few months I think I am going to wait until it gets cold to get fashionable.

  9. #779

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by K9MT View Post

    Great outfit.
    I really need to start making an effort at work as it is the place I find hard to put in some individual style (minus my orange Reiss briefcase); but now I've been there a few months I think I am going to wait until it gets cold to get fashionable.
    Thank you

    If I'm honest, I find it much easier with work clothes due to the nature of what I have to wear (shirt and tie) being quite smart.

    I love buying new ties and shirts, and hunting out shirt / tie combos!

    Where I continue to struggle is with casual wear!

  10. #780
    Ivan Condor Aasllani's Avatar

    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,661
    Offline
    Couple recent fits. Also pictured: New house (not decorated / unpacked yet)



    Viv hoodie
    All Saints Shorts
    Momentum Loafers




    All Saints Shirt
    Zara Tee
    All Saints Chinos & Loafers

    Don't know why tinypic has decided to rotate the second pic, you get the idea though

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts