FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    If its a nice fit, and mind the guys there will tailor it for you, then I'd say go for it.

Trend Setter
    The TK Maxx idea could be good, or on eBay there are a few UK sellers with a wide variety of suits for great prices like older season saville row tailored suits for £150 ish.

eBay My World - j-m-the-diplomat-suitshis guy updates what he has quite regularly and has Paul Smith, Prada, Alexandre, Aquascutum, gieves and hawkes, Hugo Boss on occasion.

I personally wouldnt go for Asos suits, they are fine but you really notice a difference in quality in the cloth from a good brand to the cheaper range.

Trend Setter
    I'm a 36, though do sometimes resort to a smaller 38, as it can be hard to get suits and blazers in that size sometimes I find. In general I find TK Maxx does not have much in my size, other than lots of All Saints blazers more recently, which is great. I have seen a few decent quality suits in a 36 n my local branch recently though, so worth keeping your eye out if you have a local store that is half decent. It's a shame you don't want a brown suit, because Reiss have one reduced to under £200 in your size: REISS Mens Corden S Mid Brown Single Breasted 2 Button Notch Lapel
    You might also want to check Austin Reed's sale? Sale on men's suits and formalwear - Austin Reed

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'm a 36, though do sometimes resort to a smaller 38, as it can be hard to get suits and blazers in that size sometimes I find. In general I find TK Maxx does not have much in my size, other than lots of All Saints blazers more recently, which is great. I have seen a few decent quality suits in a 36 n my local branch recently though, so worth keeping your eye out if you have a local store that is half decent. It's a shame you don't want a brown suit, because Reiss have one reduced to under £200 in your size: REISS Mens Corden S Mid Brown Single Breasted 2 Button Notch Lapel
    You might also want to check Austin Reed's sale? Sale on men's suits and formalwear - Austin Reed
    The Austin Reed sale is a great shout, they have this grey suit in your size and right on budget, 95% wool, 5% cashmere. Signature Charcoal Two-Tone Suit - Suits - Austin Reed

Fashionisto
    Great shout that! Thank you.

Think I'm going to go for the Austin Reed suit, I love the look of them, only problem is should I go for the Signature Charcoal Two-Tone Suit - Suits - Austin Reed, which I love and has my size but in medium (not small as I'm only 5"9) or should I go for the Charcoal Micro-Dot Suit - Suits - Austin Reed, which has my size in small, however I'm not a huge fan of the collar of it.

The first one does look smarter to me, I could always swing by a tailor incase the sleeves/trousers are too long, right?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by andydonaldson6 View Post
    Great shout that! Thank you.

Think I'm going to go for the Austin Reed suit, I love the look of them, only problem is should I go for the Signature Charcoal Two-Tone Suit - Suits - Austin Reed, which I love and has my size but in medium (not small as I'm only 5"9) or should I go for the Charcoal Micro-Dot Suit - Suits - Austin Reed, which has my size in small, however I'm not a huge fan of the collar of it.

The first one does look smarter to me, I could always swing by a tailor incase the sleeves/trousers are too long, right?
    When you say medium and small do you mean short and regular?

You said you are a 36 jacket? At 5'9 I would recommend a 36 R, the trousers will probably hve to be turned up but that is no problrm, if you went for 36 S (short) I would be worried that the sleeve length of the jacket and the jacket itself would be too short. It is a one button jacket also which tend to run shorter than a two button.

Fashionisto
    That's good news then! I meant regular yeah, I'm gonna go for it and if the trousers are too long then I'll just get them tailored. Cheers guys!

Trend Setter
    Jay's right. I went to M&S at the weekend and they do a 'super-slim' style now in their 'Limited Collection'. I tried on a 98% wool navy suit and it was lovely. I've never known such an affordable suit to fit me so well straight off the peg. At only £129 for the complete suit, it's a very good buy.

This is it, it says super-slim in the description but the headline says slim, I think that the headline is wrong. I'd go to an M&S to try it on though. My M&S had these in all sizes and in various colours.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Limit.../dp/B0061YDPTM
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

+ Reply to Thread