FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Spring/Summer Additions

With the weather turning nicer, and payday looming, I'm looking at some purchases..

I've got some rose coloured chinos from asos (25 quid) which i like, as well as some deep blue chinos from topman..
    but other than that, im stuck?

I was thinking of a few items;

Denim shirt
    Desert boots (anyone seen these in a suude blue anywhere for under 25 quid ish? even on eBay cant find any low rise ones)
    Pair of penny loafers, however im wondering what these can be worn with?
    Polo shirts? (are they a bit too youth-ish now? was thinking the ralph lauren ones, small pony, yay or nay?)
    A grey slim blazer, i feel that would be a nice addition to a summer wardrobe
    Maybe a slim fine knit cardi in burgundy?

if anyone could recommend ANY of these or answer any of my questions, would really really help me, or if anyone could recommend me any fashionable of the above items, as always with my student budget all prices have to be minimal!!

And lastly, I really need a jacket, or something to wear over t-shirts for spring/summer, and im SO stuck.
    Blazers over t shirts, is that a bit hit and miss? I find blazers on top of shirts is tooooo smart, whereas a blazer on top of a t shirt with the sleeves rolled up is more casual?
    Not into quilted jackets at all, or leathers..
    what alternatives do i have?! its actually driving me crazy! please help
    thanks

Style Icon
    What size are you mate? This is probably the best jacket I have ever owned: eBay - The UK's Online MarketplaceIt's light enough to wear over practically anything, and looks great even layered over a t-shirt. Don't be fooled by the 'shirtiness' of it, put the collar up and it looks lethal. I know you're not into quilting (neither am I) but this honestly looks awesome.

All Saints should employ me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFashionPrinceHeir View Post

Desert boots (anyone seen these in a suude blue anywhere for under 25 quid ish?
    I’ve only looked at the ASOS website recently so I don't know about anywhere else... they're doing their in-house variant of a navy blue suede desert boot but its £42. ASOS | ASOS Suede Desert Boot at ASOS

Style Icon
    Saw some desert boots in suede for £20 in the Daily Telegraph today. Worth a look for that kind of money...

Fashionisto
    Come on guys need help, especially with the jacket!

Trend Setter
    If you want a casual jacket that's fairly thin for the S/S season, how about a harrington:

Baracuta G9 Slim Fit Harrington (Black)

If that's not smart enough, then maybe something like this would be the perfect jacket:

Linen and Cotton Faded, Crinkle Look Safari-Style Jacket, Men

With regards to the other items, I think a navy blazer is a better look for the summer than a grey blazer, All Saints have some really nice denim shirts at the moment (or denim look anyway), and my personal favourite pair of loafers are these from Bass Weejuns:

Bass Weejuns | Burgandy Leather Larson Loafers by Bass Weejuns

+ Reply to Thread