FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Storing A/W Season Clothing

As the weather starts to get warmer and we will be moving out of our winter knitwear, coats and heavy blazers for the new lighter spring wardrobe. I thought it might be interesting to ask what other people do to make sure they safely pack away the previous seasons clothing, so that it is still good to wear next A/W? Or do you just leave it where it is in the wardrobe/drawers and move the stuff you will be using more to the top? Personally, space it at a premium, so I will be looking to make more of it where I can. But i will also be trying to ensure that moths do not get at my knitwear and other woolens, while they are going unworn!

Trend Setter
    I live in Scotland. A spring/summer wardrobe is an autumn/winter wardrobe.

www.twitter.com/electroRoss

Style Icon
    Mine just pretty much stays where it is in my wardrobe. I reckon I manage to wear most of my autum/winter items for 80% of the year, with perhaps a few weeks here in blighty (and however long on holiday) spent in cooler attire.

Even in the summer evenings, a jumper or a jacket I may have worn last season can still be worn. I actually love England for the fact that I can build a wardrobe which is completely flexible. I love layering up, so I actually don't enjoy just wearing shorts and a t-shirt anyway!

Trend Setter
    Yes, I know what you mean. I much prefer the variety of textures and choice of colours offered by A/W clothes. to be honest I think my approach to summer might be considered "aspirational" to the point of delusion when it comes to the weather!

FashionBeans Staff
    My wardrobe is so small (in terms of clothes that is) that I don't have season appropriate clothing, it just mixes, although I probably won't be cracking out my cable knit roll neck in July, but thats probably all that I will change.

+ Reply to Thread