FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

FashionBeans Staff

Colours For This Autumn/Winter 2011

So colour has been highlighted as a popular aspect to look at this AW, and here at Fashion Beans a variety of colours have recently been covered.

Men's fashion basics - The Colour Red

Menswear Autumn/Winter Key Colour: Orange | Fashionbeans.com

But what does your AW wardrobe currently consist of? What are the prominent colours in your wardrobe today?

I normally tend to opt for darker tones of popular summer colours, such as transforming reds into burgundys, oranges into browns and bright blues into navy. This AW i'm becoming a bit more brave though, and trying to implement brighter colours. It's a lot more "wallet friendly" also, implementing pieces from SS11 into my AW wardrobe.
    "Lifes too short to blend in..." - Owner of Brighterman Accessories

Check out my articles for Fashion Beans - In my spare time I try to live a lifestyle I normally can't afford

Fashionisto
    As I don't have many brighter colours in my summer wear anyway (probably something I'll address for next summer), I'll be sticking to medium / dark tones mostly. Khaki / stone and "military" green will be bridging the ever lingering gap between summer and winter for me, but then I'll be breaking out some purple, burgundy (one of my favourites) and navy.

Don't really change my colours too much seasonally, I have coats in lots of colours now which is good

Picked this Henri Lloyd badboy up for £60 in the sales- perfect for autumn with grey jeans, white tee and sand coloured military boots

I've also got an Orange quilted jacket from Reiss which is quite autumnal, a dark green John Partridge one and a few black Reiss coats. And a Navy Ted Baker quilted jacket which is still a fave after two years!

Will be trying to incorporate my green Reiss chinos and burgundy Diesel cords a bit more too. Need to get the cords tailored actually...

My colours have been getting a bit muted lately so decided to bring the brightness back. I managed to find a Replay fair isle jumper in TK Maxx. It's purple, orange, blue, yellow and white. Gets a lot of compliments!

Jay

Style Icon
    This AW I will be mostly wearing tweeds, navys, inks, ecrus, greys and muted colours with the all out country gent-heritage look, which will make a pleasant change as I've been in brightly blocked reds and blues all summer.

I just bought a gorgeous inky fair isle cardigan from Allsaints and a chunky ecru knitted jumper from Reiss which I shall be pairing with a tweed blazer, chambray shirt and dark indigo jeans and oxblood brogues all winter if I have my way.

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This AW I will be mostly wearing tweeds, navys, inks, ecrus, greys and muted colours with the all out country gent-heritage look, which will make a pleasant change as I've been in brightly blocked reds and blues all summer.

I just bought a gorgeous inky fair isle cardigan from Allsaints and a chunky ecru knitted jumper from Reiss which I shall be pairing with a tweed blazer, chambray shirt and dark indigo jeans and oxblood brogues all winter if I have my way.
    I'm a big fan of the gent-heritage look as well this season! The ecru knitted jumper sounds nice, have you got a link?
    "Lifes too short to blend in..." - Owner of Brighterman Accessories

Check out my articles for Fashion Beans - In my spare time I try to live a lifestyle I normally can't afford

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGregor View Post
    I'm a big fan of the gent-heritage look as well this season! The ecru knitted jumper sounds nice, have you got a link?
    It's big and chunky and fairly heavy (but then I usually wear quite light knits), so is going to be wonderful for those blustery autumn/winter days.

This is what it looks like:

REISS Mens Liam Pebble Heather L/s Cable Crew

tajdon
    Color isn't really that particular for me. I could always choose for a darker shade everytime.

+ Reply to Thread