FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

How To Dress For A Special Friends Wedding?

Going to my sister-in-laws wedding next month and looking for a new outfit - she's not just family but a great friend so I'm wanting to make the effort.

Looking for a new suit, but as I never really weart them I'm not sure what to look for, style colour etc. I just want it to look, clean, sharp and on trend without looking like a quick fad fashion.

I've not got lots to spend, say £200 on the suit and hoping my tan Loake brogues could be used but prepared to buy wjhatever it takes really.

I'm 5'9", stocky build (but not fat anymore), 13.5stone, brown shortish hair, average skin tone............please help me out, thanks.

If you need any more info just say, thanks

Nat

Style Icon
    Can't go wrong with grey or navy if you want to keep it classic. Also they will go with the shoes. I don't think tan brogues is traditional wedding fare. Not saying that should stop you mind.There's another thread on here about buying a new suit - check that outDouble-breasted is both classic and on trend, though if you are "stockier" it might accentuate that. Best thing is to try some on and get the opinion of a trusted friend or store assistant

Hi mate

As several people have posted on here recently, M&S do great suits in that price range, and have a variety of fits so you're bound to find one that's suitable. They are also a pretty classic brand so you will safely sidestep any fads.

As you're rocking the tan brogues, I'd say go for Navy or Grey; Black would be a bit lame for a wedding anyway really. A three piece suit would be the best option to look like you've made an effort.

Once you have the suit sorted, the real panache can be added in the details. So:

- Match your tie width / shirt collar width / suit lapel width (to a degree, don't worry too much).

- Make sure your shirt is super crisp, with a structured collar. You can't go wrong with white.

- POCKET SQUARE!!! It should complement your tie. This will add so much flair. So many people miss it.

- Wear a belt that matches your shoes.

- Cufflinks, of course. And a tie bar or collar bar - not both.

- The addition of something like a silk scarf could really add something.

Luckily for you, there are loads of tailoring lookbooks online, and on this very site. So have a look, find what you like, and track down something similar.

Finally, my recommendation for colours (based on the tan shoes) would be: Tan shoes & belt, Navy suit, White shirt, Burgundy tie / pocket square (reiss have a great burgundy polka dot one atm, maybe complement with their rust polka dot tie? Better to not be too matchy). All the colours blend well, and burgundy is being pushed heavily in fashion right now, something the ladies are bound to notice.

www.reissonline.com/

Excellent advice here - thasnk guys

+ Reply to Thread