FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Evening Trousers Abroad

Hello all

I'm off on holiday in May, all inclusive, and as is usual with these places, evening wear seems to be collar, long trousers and not flip flops/sandals. Now, I had no intention of wearing flip flops, am pretty happy with what to wear up top, but the trousers are causing me some issues, particulalry as I haven't been to one of these places in the past. Reading up on Tripadvisor trousers are mandatory.

Do I:

Go traditional light coloured, baggy linen trousers.
    Work a "man from del monte" look
    Find some lightweight chinos

And wrong forum I know, but I assume the Fashion Beans reader would advocate a loafer (or potentially driving shoe). I had considered boat shoes but am scared I may find myself at the top of Jay's boat shoe pyre!

Cheers

Tom

I'd be wearing skinny chinos and loafers / boat shoes, personally. I do have driving shoes too. I'd be bringing more than one pair of shoes, basically.

There are a lot of different boat shoes out there and the clichés are avoidable if you dig a little. Boat shoes are more comfortable imo. I have some all-black matt leather Sperry's that are very reliable.

These ones:

FashionBeans Staff
    I go for chinos or tailored trousers, not meaning to big myself up but I wrote this article earlier in the week;

Men’s Tailored Trousers: A Spring/Summer Alternative | Fashionbeans.com

which would work perfectly in an evening wear scenario, I'd go for loafers personally, you can find a lot of lightweight suede ones floating around at the moment.

Ah yes Will, I remember it now (busiest time at work, nothing stays with me for five minutes at the moment). I'd say that is pretty much spot on. I shall investigate further.

I like boat shoes don't get me wrong. I think I may have erm, missed the boat with them. I think I prefer a suede loafer/driving shoe though.

+ Reply to Thread