FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Pork Pie Hat

Hi guys,<br><br>I've decided to be brave and attempt to purchase some headwear for my somewhat freakishly large head.<br><br>I'm looking to buy a pork pie hat, one with a feather in the side preferably a charcoal colour.<br><br>Does anyone know of any good hat places online for me to check out?
    Mark J Winter

FashionBeans Staff
    I got a pork pie hat from River Island a couple of seasons ago, definitely the way to go. Too many trillbys around.

Trend Setter
    My father is a pork pie guy, I am a straw boater and homburg man myself. However, I think it is a great hat!

Fashionisto
    It doesn't look as though River Island do Pork Pies anymore unfortunatley.

I was thinking of wearing this with skinny black jeans, white shirt and black winkle pickers. Any alternate ideas?
    Mark J Winter

Sam

Style Icon
    I have one of these. I think you have to be devastatingly cool to pull it off. I am not. But it can be done.

Consider ditching the winklepickers, very outmoded mid-"noughties"/sixties look, and you're liable to look a little silly. You can still wear a pointy shoe - just make sure it's nice, moderate and rounded. Cheap pointy shoes are abhorrent.

Fashionisto
    Cheers Sam, good advice. I've recently had a hole in my winkle pickers so they really should be thrown away. Did consider buying a new pair but I've started wearing more of a rounder ankle boot.

As for the 'have to be devastatingly cool' - That did cross my mind but I figured best to give it a go. I've made enough fashion mistakes over the years not to be put off by another one.

Where did you get yours from? I was advised Portabello Road by a friend. Brick Lane was an absolute shambles. I'll stick to just getting beigals from there I think.
    Mark J Winter

Sam

Style Icon
    Mine is from Bailey Hats, and I bought it from here.

I'm not going to lie, I found it with Google :')

Fashionisto
    I've Googled so many hat shops online. Unreal how many bad ones there are.

This is one I found before actually and there are 3 really good hats on there... unfortunately all of them are black. Ideally I want something a bit more charcoal/grey or even Burgundy. Something a bit more neutral that isn't black.

I'm going to be difficult with this one sorry, hats are a big step so I want to get it right.
    Mark J Winter

Sam

Style Icon
    How much are you willing to spend? Luxury is nice in all things, but hats are liable to ruin if you're not careful.
    I trawled pretty much every website I know, and turned up exactly one pork pie hat. Alas, it's only available in small, so probably won't fit your "freakishly large head". I also found a trilby that is almost a pork pie hat, and a hat that's charcoal and feathered, but not a pork pie hat.
    Looks like you might be searching a while
    Porkpie:
    STUSSY Men - Accessories - Hat STUSSY on YOOX United Kingdom
    Nearly porkpie:
    Selected Homme MARINA - Hat - blue - Zalando.co.uk
    Not porkpie:
    Brixton GAIN - Hat - brown - Zalando.co.uk

Fashionisto
    Sam that is fantastic, thank you for searching for me I really didn't expect that.

I really like the 'Not porkpie' hat actually. I think I'm going to check out Portabello Road to see if they have anything if not I think this one is a safe backup.

Thank you again. This Elephant Man is very pleased.
    Mark J Winter

+ Reply to Thread