FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

21st Birthday Outfit Help/Ideas

Right so this coming Saturday my girlfriend is taking me out as part of my 21st. I know my friends are going to be there, but I have no clue on the location or what we'll actually be doing. So I've been thinking of what would be best to suit all occasions or activites.

I was thinking a Navy blazer with some washed burgundy skinny jeans and brogues. The question is, how should I compliment this outfit with accessories? I was thinking of getting a Navy Polka Dot bow tie and matching pocket square, would this be over doing it?

Any other suggestions on accessories for my outfit? All help appreciated fellas.

Trend Setter
    I never worry about over dressing. Other people should just feel under dressed.

What shirt you opting for?

I wouldn't go for a matching bow tie & pocket square. Looks a bit cheesy imo. Much better to choose items that complement / contrast each other. Also, if you're worried about looking overdressed, a bow tie might not be the best option!

I'd pair your existing bits with a crisp white shirt, black skinny tie & some kind of burgundy pocket square. I know Reiss have a nice burgundy polkadot one at the moment.

If you do want to opt for the bow tie option, I noticed that primark have them for £2 at the moment. So, you could buy a load of them, and if you feel overdressed, just make everyone else wear one too!

+ Reply to Thread