FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Offline
    Thanks for the link to the thread Sam!

    And good to see that not everyone dislikes this style!

  2. #12
    billyreedwah's Avatar

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    251
    Offline
    I agree with Pin Money however, they're just not my taste.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

  3. #13
    Jay's Avatar
    Jay

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    632
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    I like them! They look good with your hoodie. There are a lot of members on this forum who don't understand younger trends; I think it's good to embrace them, especially as you look like a young guy!
    It's got nothing to do with not understanding; they're just hideous. An image you've done nothing to dispel by drawing attention to how well they go with the hoodie.

  4. #14
    Sam

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On the sofa
    Posts
    591
    Offline
    I have to agree that they make no aesthetic sense; they're definitely more fashionable than they are stylish.

  5. #15
    J8x

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    138
    Offline
    I like them. Allsaints Gun pants are the single most comfortable pair of trousers in existence. I think you have to style them right but they're comfortable, and if worn right they look good. If you have large thighs, but want a slim tapered fit then a drop crotch can help. I am not a fan however of the ones that look like they've been patched together around the inside leg area to make them more of a curved fit.

  6. #16
    Ivan Condor Aasllani's Avatar

    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,618
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    It's got nothing to do with not understanding; they're just hideous. An image you've done nothing to dispel by drawing attention to how well they go with the hoodie.
    lol. Listen to yourself. How can you not understand that someone might have different taste to your own?

    It really does have a lot do do with not understanding; either that, or just pure snobbery.

    There is no need to be so negative towards someone on an internet forum who likes differently clothes to you. Have you considered that perhaps the OP, if he were to wear a tweed suit and brogues, might not feel comfortable or fit in with his social circle?

  7. #17
    Jay's Avatar
    Jay

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    632
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    lol. Listen to yourself. How can you not understand that someone might have different taste to your own?

    It really does have a lot do do with not understanding; either that, or just pure snobbery.

    There is no need to be so negative towards someone on an internet forum who likes differently clothes to you. Have you considered that perhaps the OP, if he were to wear a tweed suit and brogues, might not feel comfortable or fit in with his social circle?
    If I don't like salt and vinegar crisps, does it mean I don't understand salt and vinegar crisps? You can't automatically link not liking and not understanding together like that.

    Oh and I can perfectly accept that others like them, but I'm offering my opinion; and the OP asked for opinions. And my opinion is that they are hideous (an opinion that seems shared by more of the forum). And an opinion the OP is free to ignore.

    And I don't recall recommending the OP wear tweed or brogues.

  8. #18
    CTurbinado's Avatar

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    86
    Offline
    i think that it looks alright in coloured jeans, as long as it's not those that look like theyve just sewn in extra fabric in the crotch area.
    however, i do not like drop crotch chinos... for me they need to have the back pockets or else it looks stupid

    i have a pair of burgundy drop croth jeans and i quite like them

  9. #19

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by CTurbinado View Post
    i think that it looks alright in coloured jeans, as long as it's not those that look like theyve just sewn in extra fabric in the crotch area.
    however, i do not like drop crotch chinos... for me they need to have the back pockets or else it looks stupid

    i have a pair of burgundy drop croth jeans and i quite like them
    This red pair has got nice back pockets but they do have that extra bit of fabric look.

  10. #20
    Anthony's Avatar

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    36
    Offline
    I think the golden rule to any sprt of clothing is: do you feel comfortable wearing it?
    From then, practicality, style or occasion can be taken into consideration, amongst other factors.
    In terms of my opinion, i see them as a piece of clothing i wouldn't feel comfortable in. I wouldn't see them as an item that applied to my life also. They serve no purpose an look terrible in my eyes.

    But, do what you want OP and enjoy yourself!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts