FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Drop Crotch Style Trousers - What Do You Think?

So I couldn't resist trying out one of these after I thought for a long time that I would not in a million years wear one of them!

So the question is what goes with it?

Do you even think it looks ok on me?

Sam

Style Icon
    I think the things should be restricted to high fashion, or those daring enough to venture out onto the high street clad in high fashion. Perversely, the exact opposite is true, and they've become tremendously popular with a glut of awfully dressed boybands, rappers, and boyband/rapper wannabes. I assume you are neither of the former? Because the latter certainly isn't a desirable look

I'd tell you whether they suited you - but they don't "suit" anybody. The strange thing is that they create the exact opposite of a desirable silhouette by shortening your legs and lengthening your torso. A difficult look, to be sure.

Jay

Style Icon
    I think what Sam is trying to say is that they make you look like you shit yourself.

Sam

Style Icon
    You sound exactly like my old man Jay

Jay

Style Icon
    Oh feck.

But c'mon, it's true! We were saying the same thing, but you were just being more polite. They create a singularly unflattering silhouette. I suppose the only useful function could be for the incontinent as they would disguise the wearing of a nappy.

Sam

Style Icon
    Oh no, it's a good thing. My dad is the man. But yes, I agree absolutely. They're a bit funny looking. I'll leave the shitty in trousery thing to your silver tongue though I just try to keep an open mind - I'm sure I'll grow to be more certain of my convictions!

Trend Setter
    I think if you were to hang them in the kitchen, they'd be good for storing plastic bags in.

Is there actually anyone on this forum that doesn't dislike them...?

Sam

Style Icon
    Ways To Wear Style Overloads: Check Shirts & Cuffed Jeans | Fashionbeans.comLook 2 for the cuffed trousers is the kind of thing I think they're alright for; adding an unexpected edge to high fashion influenced, carefully crafted outfits. So that red pair would probably look its best, in my opinion, worn with a slightly cropped black blazer and a crisp white shirt. The opposite would be to wear it with a scoop neck tee - this would basically make you look like one of One Direction and therefore, by extension, a mug.

I like them! They look good with your hoodie. There are a lot of members on this forum who don't understand younger trends; I think it's good to embrace them, especially as you look like a young guy!

Obviously this isn't a look for city slicking or going out for a posh meal. This is a casual day to day look, hanging out with mates etc. But also, with refernce to Sam's post above, they can be incorporated into a smarter look- giving you a real edge. Stick with them imo! It's not all about being traditional.

I will go one step further and defend the so-called "boyband wannabe" look. These boybands are professionally styled by some of the best stylists available. Girls love this look, but there is one caveat: You have to be good looking and confident to pull it off. If you are fortunate enough to feel that you fit into this category, great. If not, you will certainly look like a "wannabe".

Come at me bros.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last