FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Style Icon

Your Cuffing Habits

Seem as the weather is getting warmer, I'm starting to crack out the loafers and deckshoes. I don't owned many shorts so chinos with carefully exposed ankles is the obvious go-to.

However, cuffing can be a controversial topic. This is probably down to the horrible hipster habbit of cuffing halfway up your leg.

What are your guys cuffing strategies? Do you cuff at all? Do you just roll. and if so how many? Do you do pinch rolling or anything fancy?

You mean "seeing as the weather..."

Sorry for being pedantic.

My cuffing depends on the tousers I'm wearing. Basically, slightly looser ones will be pinrolled, but skinnies just have a little turnup.
    Last edited by Ivan Condor Aasllani; 28-03-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Style Icon
    Can anyone elaborate on 'pin rolling'? I tend to just turn the bottoms up a few times; normally so that a tiny bit of sock is showing. It really depends on my footwear. Generally I roll so that the trousers/jeans fall just above my shoes/boots.

And I always like to roll. I used to roll my jeans even before it was in fashion: I think it looks so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    Can anyone elaborate on 'pin rolling'?
    It's basically this

how to pinroll - YouTube

Jay

Style Icon
    I turn up to above the ankle (quite high for most people's taste and terribly hipsterish I know). I'm not a fan of pin rolling at all as it reminds me of cuffed trousers that have been around the last few seasons, which I don't like at all; but then, I don't own any trousers that aren't at least very slim in the leg.

I might turn up higher if I'm wearing boots to just above the boot (showing a bit of sock action).

Style Icon
    OK I'm with you Pins. I've tried this a few times, but as Jay says: too tight and it reminds me of cuffed chinos (which I can't stand).

Style Icon
    Yeah I went through a pinch rolling phase. I quite like it with skinny jeans of all things, but I stopped wearing them a while back.

Basically I only wear chinos for casual these days. My rules are:

generally: 2 rolls
    trying to show some socks/with boots: 3 rolls
    above the ankle: 4 rolls

+ Reply to Thread