FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last
    Sam

Style Icon
    As a seasonal piece, I really really like that first one actually - a bit of linen makes a great Spring/Summer jacket, and double breasted is a nice touch.

geo

Fashionisto
    Zara have some good ones - they had a really good navy linen one with cream/white shoulder patches but it was so popular it sold out really quickly. They still had it in my size the other day and went to buy yesterday and it's been taken off the site now! Annoying.

But they have some other good navy ones. Check out their site.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by geo View Post
    Zara have some good ones - they had a really good navy linen one with cream/white shoulder patches but it was so popular it sold out really quickly. They still had it in my size the other day and went to buy yesterday and it's been taken off the site now! Annoying.

But they have some other good navy ones. Check out their site.
    Thanks man, but I have tried Zara's one you described. Can't get quite the right fit, as with them I'm between a 38 or a 40.

ASOS | ASOS Slim Fit Blazer in Canvas at ASOS

Really digging the double-breasted now, although 75 is quite alot for me at the moment.

How trend based is the double-breasted blazer set to be? Or is it looking like it might be around for a while?

Style Icon
    p.s. thoughts on this from H and M?
    Product Detail | H&M GB

much cheaper!

Fashionisto
    Trivia time! James from Geordie Shore wore the Zara blazer in question on the GS reunion show.

Style Icon
    Check out the All Saints Foreman Jacket. I own one and it's lovely. Plus, there seem to be a fair few (including the similar Jargon jacket) kicking around on eBay.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    Check out the All Saints Foreman Jacket. I own one and it's lovely. Plus, there seem to be a fair few (including the similar Jargon jacket) kicking around on eBay.
    Funny you should mention the Jargon jacket, i negotiated a really good price with someone for one but he never finished the deal. Was fuming! He took it off auction to add a buy it now price, but never got back to me.

Style Icon
    Well that sucks, I can't stand it when buyers do that. There's some on the All Saints website now (and the US one: including the awesome Jasper blazer) but I think they're a bit overpriced, considering mine cost about 35 in their sale.

Trend Setter
    I just got a navy blue cotton M&S blazer BNWT on eBay for 2.50, so am pleased I didn't get the ASOS one! If it doesn't fit, or I don't like it then I have only lost less that the price of a pint, and can probably resell it!

geo

Fashionisto
    Not sure if anyone has any thoughts on whether it is better to go for a cheaper navy blazer and get it altered or a more high end?

I am looking for one like this:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...42_306x748.jpg

Any suggestions?

I prefer one with lighter buttons or something like that that makes it less formal. There was a great navy linen/cotton blend one in zara with white buttons and white elbow patches, but has sold out:

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...LINEN%2BBLAZER

Anything like this would be perfect

+ Reply to Thread