FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Style Icon

Navy Blazer

I'm looking for a cheapish navy blazer I can throw on to smarten up my summer outfits. So far I'm looking at the Topman and ASOS options

The ASOS option: ASOS | ASOS Slim Fit Canvas Blazer in Navy at ASOS
    (Pros = the price! Cons = Don't know anything about ASOS sizing)

The Topman Option Navy Herringbone Skinny Blazer - Blazers - Suit Jackets & Blazers - Suits - TOPMAN[386518|207200]&noOfRefinements=1

(Pros = I know that Topman 42s fit me like a glove, Cons = More expensive)

Any thoughts, alternative ideas?

Ta x

Trend Setter
    I was tempted by that Asos blazer too, but know nothing of their sizing. Another consideration is that the Asos one is cotton, whereas the Topman blazer is plastic.

Style Icon
    I'm on the verge of pressing the button with the ASOS one!

The model is 6 foot 2 and wearing a 40. Same height as me so might just grab it in that size. Free returns, eh?

Sam

Style Icon
    I'd Look for something woollen; it will look better for longer, and it'll work trans-seasonally.
    M&S do 100% wool at pretty low prices; this one looks like a good, unfussy option:
    http://www.marksandspencer.com/Luxur...qid=1333039146

My mate got a navy Holland Esquire blazer with white buttons from TK Maxx today for 90. So I'd take a look there before doing anything crazy.

Fashionisto
    Asos do a similar navy blazer for 70.00 that looks better. None of that horrible black lining on the pocket.EDIT: Anyone else have issues with posting a response? The type is white and there is no option to change it to black. Even when posting with the more in depth reply display.
    Last edited by Seekwal; 29-03-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Trend Setter
    Ooh. I really like Holland Esquire! I don't think i have seen anything from HE in my local store, but will keep my eye out from now on. TK Maxx have had a lot of navy All Saints blazers recently too. Mostly wool/linen mix I think.

Yes, a wool one would be better, and that M7S one is only 30 more than Topman. Plastic would be my last choice!

Style Icon
    On a really close zoom, I don't think the lining is black, but a very dark navy. I quite like it for the price. And I don't need it to be cross-seasonal.

Then again, I'm one of those people that would rather have two items of clothing for 100 quid than one. Can't shake my student mindset...

Sam

Style Icon
    I'd put forward that one should have a navy blazer to hand whatever the season - but it's your call, there's nothing wrong with a casual, cotton variety. Just make sure that the thing is, if not completely, then at least 90% natural fibres.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last