FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... Last

Style Icon
    A shirt (oxford, checked/gingham etc) would look good, I think.

Have you bought the jacket? I'd be interested to hear what the quality is like. I'm not sure if it's original All Saints or not...(I don't think it is, anyway...)
    Last edited by _Ben_; 29-02-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Sam

Style Icon
    Trust me mate, crew necks don't clash with anything.
    That said, why not try a roll neck? It'd work nicely with those short lapels, and a midweight variety with a bit of texture would work nicely under the jacket. A shirt with a narrow collar would work too, as would a granddad shirt or a henley top. You could think about other layering too; a v-neck knit and a shirt perhaps? A waistcoat would be a sharp, fashion forward choice of a middle layer if you left the jacket undone. Lastly, you could eliminate the worry all together by filling the space with a well-knotted scarf.
    In terms of colours, try neutrals and earthy tones in any shade - with black I prefer darker tones. Burgundy and deep red are particularly sharp with black. Blue and black is usually an alright combination, at least in this context, and don't rule out white either.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    A shirt (oxford, checked/gingham etc) would look good, I think.

Have you bought the jacket? I'd be interested to hear what the quality is like. I'm not sure if it's original All Saints or not...(I don't think it is, anyway...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Trust me mate, crew necks don't clash with anything.
    That said, why not try a roll neck? It'd work nicely with those short lapels, and a midweight variety with a bit of texture would work nicely under the jacket. A shirt with a narrow collar would work too, as would a granddad shirt or a henley top. You could think about other layering too; a v-neck knit and a shirt perhaps? A waistcoat would be a sharp, fashion forward choice of a middle layer if you left the jacket undone. Lastly, you could eliminate the worry all together by filling the space with a well-knotted scarf.
    In terms of colours, try neutrals and earthy tones in any shade - with black I prefer darker tones. Burgundy and deep red are particularly sharp with black. Blue and black is usually an alright combination, at least in this context, and don't rule out white either.
    A checked shirt goes quite nice with it actually, which i didn't think would quite work so cheers!

Ben - the quality of the jacket itself is good, the material seems decent enough, although I'm not an expert in all honesty! The jacket itself came with all the labels of All Saints, 'Spitalfields' or whatever, and came packaged in an All Saints bag, so I don't really think it'd be fake, I just think it's a few seasons old and thus unable to be sold normally. I can link you to the eBay seller if you want?

Sam - On second thought yeah, trying on the white crew neck again it just seems to be a bit iffy, probably because the neckline of my t shirt itself is a bit loose and doesn't create a quite perfect arch. Jacket opened up though seemed to look much better to me! Henley tops is also a good shout, i'd have to try that out, although the only henley tops i have are a Black, charcoal grey and a foresty/nature green, which i doubt would work all that well! I might just try out a thin blue V-neck knit and see how that works. Many thanks for the recommendations though, much appreciated!

Style Icon
    Bradley, I remember seeing the jacket on eBay. It must be a few seasons old if that's the case. It certainly looks good, and definitely looks 'All Saints'. Due to the number of jackets he has, I am always sceptical whether they're real or not. TBH, what does it matter?! At the end of the day, if it looks good, wears well, and is good quality then that's all that matters! I've worn fake items from Turkey which are better quality (due to the effort put in to produce them) then some of the designer brands themselves.
    I imagine that, if this isn't real, it's produced from All Saints patterns and surplus materials.

Sam

Style Icon
    Not so much black, but grey and darker or more neutral greens are great options. Imagine either paired with the jacket and a pair of camel chinos and you might see what I mean; as a matter of fact I'm quite a fan of khakis and greens with charcoals and blacks.

Trend Setter

Wink

OK so this store downtown is going a MASSIVE clearance sale this weekend: basically most items are now a mere 5 euros. I never really bought from them, but the bargain is tempting... http://www.bershka.com/webapp/wcs/st.../248518/Chino% I was thinking of buying the stone chino, and maybe the navy one (I don't know about the latter, because it looks way too dark,;almost black if you will) (I'm not getting the mustard or burgundy as I already have those from Topman) The question is, will Clarks' beige/tan desert boots go well with stone? I know that navy is an excellent compliment to them, but I don't know about stone. If not, what could they go well with? And what about for my top half? Sorry I'm kind of new to stone chinos. EDIT as link appears to be broken: These are the chinos: http://static.bershka.net/4/photos/2...=1327070719867 http://static.bershka.net/4/photos/2...=1327070719867
    Last edited by malti001; 02-03-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Sam

Style Icon
    Depends how close the colours are; if you think they might be too close don't try it.
    Almost anything else will work fine though; brown shoes are a safe standby, and the boat shoes I believe you're planning to buy would be as sound a choice as any.

I have a pair of brown chinos that i'm struggling to match. They are similar to these: ASOS | ASOS Skinny Chino at ASOS

The shoes i have to choose from are black, brown(slightly darker than the pants) and white. Belts: Brown(slightly lighter) and black.

I have a navy sweater that i think would look good, but i'm thinking that the black belt and shoes would not be good with the navy, and brown shoes and belt would be to much brown. So i'm thinking that the navy sweater might be better with my khaki chinos and a brown belt and shoes.

So what would you guys recommend? Shoes, belt and shirt/t'shirt/cardigan/sweater?

Trend Setter
    It all comes down to how the shades look in person. I like that shade of brown paired with black footwear, but It could also look good with the brown shoes, If it isn't too matchy-matchy. You could use the white pair (I'm assuming they're trainers) for a laid-back approach.

The forum is divided on whether black goes with navy (or if you can wear black trousers and brown shoes, for that matter) so you'll probably get different feedback on that topic. I think it works.

Question

Hey all,

I got this warm jacket from a friend, who has never used it.

GEOX Piumino bordeaux Vendita Online Saldi Uomo V.I.P. - Maxitracce.it

What is your opinion about it? It is still cold enough to wear it, if I only have shirt under...

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... Last