FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... Last

I recently decided to purchase my first jean jacket for the spring, and I was hoping for some advice on what shoes to wear with it. Despite being a lightweight, my height comes in around 190 cm, so I went with the Levi's Slim Trucker jacket (seems like a popular choice with a lot of other posters). I've already got bottoms in my closet that would match well (slim fit beige chinos, grey trousers).

Any suggestions on shoe types that work with this look?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    I recently decided to purchase my first jean jacket for the spring, and I was hoping for some advice on what shoes to wear with it. Despite being a lightweight, my height comes in around 190 cm, so I went with the Levi's Slim Trucker jacket (seems like a popular choice with a lot of other posters). I've already got bottoms in my closet that would match well (slim fit beige chinos, grey trousers).

Any suggestions on shoe types that work with this look?]
    Desert, hiking or chukka boots for a casual style.

Your jacket, indigo jeans and brown brogues would also look great.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Quote Originally Posted by billyreedwah View Post
    Desert, hiking or chukka boots for a casual style.

Your jacket, indigo jeans and brown brogues would also look great.
    Thanks for the tips. Going for more of a casual look, so I'll be checking into the boot types you mentioned.
    Shooting to have a few outfits ready before the start of cherry blossom-party season over here in Japan.

Hey guys, longtime reader first time poster, I'm going to the races soon and I need advice on a shirt and tie combination for a grey tonic suit, I bought a while back. I'm considering a black shirt with a slim grey dogtooth pattern tie or a black/pink striped shirt with a pink tie
    or should I change my combination??

Silver pindot fashion suit jacket with black satin pocket trim -It's a similar suit but with one button and peak lapels

Trend Setter
    I would advise you against the black shirt. I think it's quite dificcult to pull off, and most times it ends up cheapening the look, especially in with formalwear. Love pink paired with grey on the other hand.

Thanks, mite just ditch the black shirt and go pink/grey

Yo! What should I team with my new varsity jacket then? It's grey and chocolate brown, which is a nice combo, but having trouble building something complementary around it. Someone help me out with some ideas?

I'm wearing today with an Orange Cable Knit Sweater, grey jeans (similar grey to body of jacket) and some lighter brown boots, but somethings not quite hitting the vibe for me...

Sam

Style Icon
    Pair it with a shirt and tie because the distinction between smart and casual is for losers.

Seriously though I think that would look good - ecru oxford shirt, slim burgundy tie, chinos. Boom, smart casual in a sort of Fosters advert sense: smart, casual, smart.
    Go for a lighter brown shoe and belt combo too, to compliment the sleeves.

Also consider a plain (navy) V neck (tee or knit) and white jeans, which would be simpler and sexier.

Nice ideas... Any more?

I'm thinking:

The jacket
    Burgundy Crew Neck Jumper
    Skinny chinos
    Brown brogue boots

Sam

Style Icon
    Sounds solid.
    Could go preppy too; it is a baseball jacket after all. Oxford, V neck knit, chinos and loafers perhaps?

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... Last